The closest experience you can have with our Australian wildlife led by those who know them best – our Zoo keepers. Learn as you see, touch and feed the animals during this activity-packed two-hour journey through the Zoo.
Venture into the wilderness of the Australian bush, enter the underground burrow of the endangered Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat and explore the mysteries of the platypus in this introduction to Australia’s unusual wildlife.
Your keeper will explain the special adaptations that enable these animals to live in harmony with the Australian environment.
Visitors seeking to learn with hands-on interaction that gets them as close to the action as they can.
- Tours daily at 10am and 2pm
- Small, personalised group fully escorted by a keeper
- Photo opportunity with koalas in their enclosure
- Hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies
- Visit a working “animal kitchen“ and see how the food is prepared
- Venture behind-the-scenes in the Australian Nightlife house and enjoy encounters with nocturnal creatures
- Meet hand-raised native animals
- All-day Zoo access including the Sky Safari cable car - discover why Taronga is known as "The Zoo with a View"
- Morning or afternoon tea (including scones, tea and coffee)
- A take-home photo souvenir
Child (4 to 15 years): $81.00
Note: ITO's refer to contact details below.
Maximum group size is eight people.
1.5 – 2 hours.
Bookings must be made 48 hours in advance (seven days a week during business hours).
To book please contact: