Guest Experience Officers (Seasonal)
- Casual Seasonal Opportunity
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Wages Employee Award ($25.89 per hour plus weekend penalties)
- Shifts available for Vivid Sydney at Taronga Zoo (May to June) with possible opportunities in school holiday peak periods
- Location - Taronga Zoo, Sydney
Do you want to express your “wild” side?
Taronga is looking for experienced, driven and motivated casual seasonal Guest Experience Officers who are interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, animal management and offers amazing experiences.
About the role…
The Guest Experience team at Taronga Conservation Society Australia plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation of Taronga Zoo Sydney.
Key roles of Guest Experience Officers include ticket and Zoofriends membership sales, ticket validation, car park operations, wharf customer service, contact centre, Lemur Forest Adventure, event operations (including Twilight at Taronga and Vivid) and the Taronga Centenary Theatre.
We are looking for energetic, guest-focused individuals that have a passion for delivering amazing experiences. You will have experience working in tourism, hospitality or another high-volume customer-focused industry.
- Deliver high quality customer service to provide a memorable experience that leads to guest satisfaction and repeat visitation.
- Communicate Taronga’s education and conservation messages both internally and externally, ensuring all communications align with Taronga’s values to inspire change in accordance with Taronga’s vision and strategic pillars.
- Work effectively as a member of a high performing team, to assist Taronga in its achievement of strategic outcomes.
- Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
- Comply with and report any Work, Health and Safety incidents in line with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter.
- Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, we believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Please ensure that you attach a current version of your resume and complete the two target questions as part of your application.
These positions are only available for Vivid Sydney at Taronga Zoo. Possible opportunities to work in upcoming school holidays may be offered.
You must be available to work at least 4 day shifts or evening shifts per week from 20th May to 18th June 2017.
Applications must be completed via http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 000055IR searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Steve Williams on email@example.com.
Applications close: 30 April 2017. Applicants that are progressing will be notified by 1 May and will be required to attend an assessment day on 4 May 2017.