Retail Shop Assistants
- Australia's Award-winning zoo
- Part time (25-30 hours per week), ongoing Retail Shop Assistants
- Shop Employees Award $732.36 per week (prorata for the hours worked)
- Taronga Zoo Sydney
Do you enjoy working in Retail? Are you passionate about providing exceptional customer service? Do your sales skills stand out from the rest? Well the Taronga Conservation Society Australia has a position for you!
Taronga is looking for experienced, driven and motivated Part Time Retail Shop Assistants who are interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, animal management and offers amazing visitor experiences.
About the role....
Successful candidates must have a passion for working in a busy retail environment, enjoy interacting with people from all backgrounds, and be available to work a roster which includes weekends, school holidays and public holidays as required.
The position reports directly to the Retail Sales Manager and forms part of the wider Marketing, Commercial and Fundraising Division.
- Exceptional retail sales experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently without supervision.
- High level literacy and numeric skills
- Able to meet varied roster commitments including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Well presented and a willingness to undertake required duties
- Cash handling experience
- Flexibility to work in-grounds in varying weather conditions
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, we believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organisations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Applications must be completed via http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 00004UZV or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Giacinta Clark on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position please submit a current version of your resume. You are also required to answer the two target questions as part of the application.
Applications close: 21 March 2017