Retail Shop Supervisor
- Australia's award-winning zoo
- Ongoing Part Time (up to 35 hours per week)
- Shop Employees (State) Award - Shop Assistant Supervisor
- Location Taronga Zoo, Sydney
Are you an experienced, driven and motivated Retail Shop Supervisor, who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, animal management and offers amazing visitor experiences? Then we have the perfect position for you.
About the role...
Taronga Zoo is seeking a dynamic and experienced Retail Shop Supervisor to join our successful retail sales team. Reporting to the Retail Sales Manager, you will use your proven retail supervisory skills to lead a team of Retail Assistants and drive sales to achieve daily targets. Utilising your exceptional communication and customer service skills, you will support staff to provide visitors from Australia and around the globe with an outstanding experience and insight into Taronga Zoo’s conservation message.
You will bring your skills and experience to deliver the following accountabilities:
- Drive sales to achieve Taronga Retail’s sales targets.
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of Retail Sales Assistants to deliver high quality customer service, provide excellent guest experience, a seamless sales process and promote repeat visitation.
- Work effectively as a member of a high performing team to assist Taronga in its achievement of strategic and sales outcomes.
- Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
- Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
- Support Taronga’s education and conservation messages both internally and externally by ensuring all communications align with Taronga’s vision and strategic pillars.
- Comply with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, we believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organisations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Please ensure that you attach a current version of your resume. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
Applications must be completed via http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 00004V01 or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Giacinta Clark on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
Applications close: 18 April 2017