This Certificate II HSC program enables students in Year 11 or 12 who are interested in the animal care industry and/or pursuing a career as a keeper to complete this introductory level course while undertaking their studies.
Successful completion of ACM20110 Certificate II in Animal Studies prepares you for jobs such as a dog clipper/groomer, kennel hand, pet shop attendant, animal attendant.
In addition, further study options are available, including:
Certificate III in Captive Animals (Zoo keeping);
Certificate III in Animal Technology (Vet Nursing); and
Certificate III in Companion Animals (boarding, grooming, rescue & retail)
Please note extra elective units are required to do vet nursing that are not offered by TTI. You can do these units at another RTO www.training.gov.au or develop competencies via practical experience at a veterinary surgery.
Entry Requirements Students must meet the selection criteria and demonstrate good English skills, both written and verbal, and basic numeracy skills.
- Complete the enrolment form in full - including signature/permission from your school to attend
- HSC students must include a written statement/essay of no more than 300 words (contained within application form), detailing the reasons they would like to participate in the Certificate II in Animal Studies.
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate or passport as proof of Australian Citizenship or permanent residency
- Completed applications should be lodged via email to: email@example.com or fax to: (02) 9978 4508
- Incomplete applications or applications that are not accompanied by all supporting documentation, as detailed in the previous points, will not be accepted and cannot progress any further
- How to Apply: Enrolment in this course needs to be co-ordinated with the students’ school. If you are a student who would like to enrol, please see your careers counsellor.
Important: Acceptance into the course will be based on merit (subject to students meeting minimum entry requirements) and is NOT first in first served.
Visit our FAQ to see the answers to many common questions.