The Taronga Training Institute offers Indigenous Scholarship positions for courses throughout the year.
Applications are now open for the Indigenous Scholarship for the Certificate II in Animal Studies!
Applications close 21st March 2014
All applicants must:
- Be available to attend a compulosry orientation evening on Wednesday 25th June 2014 OR Thursday 26th June 2014.
- Read the Course Details as listed below and ensure you can meet the requirements of the course before lodging an application.
- Complete the enrolment form in full. Note: No payment information is required on the enrolment form.
- Read the information package and complete the "student selection criteria" questions contained within the student information package
- Attach the completed "student selection criteria"
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate or passport as proof of Australian Citizenship or permanent residency
- Attach a copy of your CV/Resume or two written references
- Attach a copy of your Senior first aid qualification that will be current until the end of the animal studies course - if you do not currently hold this qualification it can be completed through Taronga Training Institute as a part of the Certificate II in Animal Studies
- Incomplete applications or applications that are not accompanied by all supporting documentation, as detailed in the previous points, will not be accepted and cannot progress any further
- Note: TB clearance is only required if you were born in a high risk country or have lived in a high risk country for at least 3 months. If you were born and have lived in Australia your whole life, then it is not required. TB clearance, if required, can be supplied on acceptance of a position in the course.
- Enrolment applications should be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: (02) 9978 4508 or post to: Taronga Training Institute, P.O. Box 20 Mosman NSW 2088. Please do not attempt to submit your application in person.
ACM20110 - Certificate II in Animal Studies (evening course)
Duration: 7 months (June 2014 - January 2015)
- Classroom sessions will be conducted once a week from 4pm to 8pm (on a Wednesday or Thursday evening) at Taronga Zoo, Bradleys Head Road, Mosman.
- Students attend 15 practical days in total.
- 10 of these practical days will be arranged for students at Taronga Zoo. Students will be required to attend during regular keeper hours, starting as early as 6.30am and finishing by 4pm). Please note: While practical days are available 7 days per week, we do have limited availability on weekends (due to student demand) and students whose preference is for a weekend should also consider making themselves available on a weekday as a second preference.
- students will be required to organise five practical days at another animal care institution approved by Taronga Training Institute (40 hours in total at times suitable to the animal care institution).