The Taronga Zoo - Wild Australia iPad app, developed in partnership with the NSW DEC Learning Systems, gives students a fresh new way to explore the Zoo and learn more about the animals along Taronga’s ‘Wild Australia’ trails.
Discover the diversity and uniqueness of Australia's wildlife and be amazed by our beautiful, enchanting creatures. Explore the fascinating Wild Australia trails at Taronga Zoo and the circuit at Taronga Western Plains Zoo guided by zoo keeper Rod and the GPS enabled map. Create your own PDF posters using the photographs you take, observations you make and information you collect and then email the posters to yourself, your friends or your teacher. Developed by Learning Systems, NSW Department of Education and Communities, in partnership with Taronga Zoo.
- discover the amazing animals living in Taronga Zoo's Wild Australia trails in Sydney or the circuit at Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo
- explore the mysteries of our unique and diverse fauna
- take and choose photos
- watch videos taken by the zoo keepers
- choose true statements about the animals
- clear or keep your information in device settings
- create your own poster which you can email to yourself as a record of your visit and of what you have learned; and you can share it with others so they find out how to conserve Australia’s unique wildlife
- make use of accessibility features
If on location at Taronga Zoo, Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo you can also:
- use the binoculars to zoom in on the animals and the habitats
- explore the Australian bush area of Taronga Zoo – Sydney or Dubbo
- take and upload your own, real-time photos of the animals
- track your position on the map via GPS
- observe the animals and the signage to check field observations and answer questions.
The Taronga Zoo - Wild Australia App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore