Twilight Evenings at Taronga Zoo
A Twilight Safari is an exciting way for your students to learn about animals and the environment by exploring the Zoo after the sun goes down.
Your students will:
- Enjoy a BBQ dinner and supper under the stars
- Discover wild creatures on a night Zoo walk
- Get close to amazing animals with a special animal encounter
- Twilight Safari is available on Monday to Friday nights. We can book a minimum of 20 students*, and a maximum of 60 students for each program.
* For groups under 40 a surcharge is applicable for catering purposes.
Testimonial M Lindsay – Gymea Public School
"Having the kids walk around the zoo at night was amazing. The noises, the smells and of course the animals made it a most memorable excursion. The kids have not stopped talking about and have been so engaged in the learning projects. It was a great night!"
What to Wear
Wet weather gear if the weather is inclement and closed walking shoes. Students will not need torches for the duration of the program.
The cost is $45 per student. For groups under 40 students, there is a $200 surcharge for catering.
Supervising teachers and parents are free at a ratio of one per 10 students. Extra adults pay $45 each . Extra adult numbers must be negotiated with Zoo Education prior to arrival. All prices include GST.
To make a booking, please email email@example.com with your school name, student numbers and at least 3 preferred dates (in order of preference). We'll be in touch to confirm if the date is available.
Please provide two weeks notice of cancellation. A fee of $500 is to be paid if the booking is cancelled within seven days of the admission date, and full cost of booking will be charged for cancellation within 48 hours of the admission date.