Bring your creatures to spend a night with ours!
ZoosnooZ Availability Calendar (Updated Weekly)
ZoosnooZ is a unique sleepover experience and a great way for your students to learn about animals and the environment.
Your students will:
- Enjoy a great BBQ dinner under the stars
- Discover wild creatures on your night zoo walk!
- Get close to amazing animals with a special encounter and lesson in the Education Centre
- Enjoy a yummy breakfast then go on a behind-the-scenes early morning walk
- Spend the following day in the stimulating learning environment of the Zoo
ZoosnooZ is great fun and can be incorporated into any curriculum-related excursion for your students. It's also good for team building.
To view our FAQ sheet, click here
ZoosnooZ is available on Monday to Thursday nights during the school term.
At Taronga Zoo we book a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 60 (or up to 80 students across two separate sleeping venues), including students and adults. At Taronga Western Plains Zoo it is a minimum of 22 and a maximum of 50, including students and adults.
- Check ZoosnooZ Availability Dates (Updated Weekly)
Arrival time for ZoosnooZ is 5pm - entry is not permitted before this time. Hosts will meet you at the front gates to escort you into the Zoo.
The cost is $74.00 per primary student and $79.00 per secondary student. Supervising teachers and parents are free at a ratio of one per 10 students. Extra adults pay $90.00 each. Extra adult numbers must be negotiated with Zoo Education prior to arrival. All prices include GST.
Your own sleeping bag, pillow, warm clothes, camera, wet weather gear if it looks like rain, plus a sense of fun and adventure. Taronga Zoo will provide a camping mat.
To make a booking, please complete our Booking Request form located at the bottom of this page and fax to (02) 9978 4508. Once your date is finalised, we will progress the booking to the Contract/Invoice stage.
Please provide two weeks notice of cancellation. A fee of $100 is to be paid if the booking is cancelled within seven days of the admission date, and full cost of booking will be charged for cancellation within 48 hours of the admission date.
ZoosnooZ is a proud partner of the “Love Food Hate Waste Program.’
Twilight Evenings at Taronga Zoo
A Twilight Safari is an exciting way for your students to learn about animals and the environment by exploring the Zoo after the sun goes down. Listen out for Lions roaring and see the big cats stalking in the dark.
Your students will:
- Enjoy a great BBQ dinner and supper under the stars
- Discover wild creatures on a night Zoo walk
- Get close to amazing mammals and many other Zoo residents with a lesson in the Education Centre
- Twilight Safari is available on Monday to Thursday nights during the school term. We book a minimum of 20 students for each program
Testimonial M Lindsay – Gymea Public School
"Having the kids walk around the zoo at night was amazing. The noises, the smells and of course the animals made it a most memorable excursion. The kids have not stopped talking about and have been so engaged in the learning projects. It was a great night!"
What to Wear
Wet weather gear if the weather is inclement and closed walking shoes.
The cost is $38 per student with BBQ or $34 without BBQ. Supervising teachers and parents are free at a ratio of one per 10 students. Extra adults pay $38 each with BBQ or $34.00 each without. Extra adult numbers must be negotiated with Zoo Education prior to arrival. All prices include GST.