The following ideas will help you and your class enjoy a memorable and inspiring excursion:
- Decide on the purpose of your excursion
- Use parent helpers
- Organise your students into small groups prior to arrival
- Ensure that students are supervised at all times
- Plan your trail around the Zoo grounds before you begin
- Give the students time to stop and observe the animals and enclosures
- Incorporate keeper presentations into your excursion - they are informative and fun
- Provide a map for all supervising adults and students. A map will be emailed to you at the time of booking.
- Ensure you have payment with you on arrival
- Have your children/group assemble a "Zoo kit" e.g. notebook, pencils, clipboard, art paper, crayons, Zoo map, camera and resource (if required)
- Prepare for unexpected issues, for example, rain, lost students, accidents and travel problems
- Have fun! The Zoo is a fun and magical place. Enjoy the adventure with your students.