Meet a Keeper is a one-day program for school students aged 14 years and over who have expressed a keen interest in pursuing a career at the Zoo, but can't attend the School Work Experience.
This unique program includes a seminar presented by a talented panel of Zookeepers, Zoo educators and other Zoo staff members. Students have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of zoo-keeping, including:
- Qualifications required
- Career opportunities
- Core responsibilities
- Careers structures and wages
- Mystery behind-the-scenes tour
These themes and more are explored in the morning session, which runs from approximately 10.00am to 11.30am.
Afterwards, guests are invited to explore the Zoo as they make their own way to a mystery behind-the-scenes animal tour*. Tour times vary and are arranged at time of booking. Mystery tours run for approximately 25-35 minutes and are arranged by staff on the day.
Please note, bookings and pre-payment essential.
The Meet A Keeper 2015 Dates are as follows:
- Wednesday 20th May- Careers Day (Click here for booking form)
- Tuesday 25th August (Booking form below)
- Thursday 10th September (Booking form below)
- Wednesday 28th October (Booking form below)