Thank you for your interest in studying with the Taronga Training Institute in 2015. By completing this application you acknowledge the following conditions:
1. Your application will be evaluated and if you are successful, you will be offered a position in the Certificate II in Animal Studies with the Taronga Training Institute. Payment of course fees will then fall due on or before 15th May 2015 Course fee is $1942, uniform fee is $45 per item and first aid fee (if required) is $150.
2. The completion of this application does not constitute enrolment in the course. All applications will be reviewed based on eligibility and merit, with accepted applicants being offered a position on or before 30th April 2015. You may withdraw your application at any stage, prior to being offered/accepting a position.
3. You understand that if you are successful in being offered a position in the course, you will be assigned to a day of the week (Wednesday or Thursday) and you are committed to attending all classes and COMPULSORY practical days on the dates listed on this webpage. Classroom lessons will be held from 4pm - 8pm. Practical days will start as early as 6.30am and finish by 5pm.
4. If you are unable to attend all of the COMPULSORY practical dates you will not be eligible to participate in the course.
5. Attendance is expected at ALL classes; attendance of less than 80% of classes may result in the missed unit/s of competency needing to be repeated at the student's expense prior to being eligible for the issue of a qualification.
6. You understand that a requirement of this course is the completion of the unit of competency "HLTAID003 Provide First Aid". If you do not hold this qualification you understand that you can complete it through the Taronga Training Institute at the discounted rate of $150. If you hold the qualification and it will be current until at least 31st January 2016, you will provide a copy to Taronga Training Institute on acceptance of a position in the course.
7. You understand that in order to be eligible to study with the Taronga Training Institute you must be an Australian Citizen, permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand Citizen who has been residing in Australia for at least 6 months.
8. You understand that it is a requirement of this course that you wear the Taronga Training Institute student uniform when you attend onsite practical days. The uniform consists of a polo shirt and jumper for purchase at $45 per item.
9. The Taronga Training Institute is committed to minimising its use of paper. As such you confirm you have access to a computer to access course material, and upload assessments. The use of a laptop or tablet in the classroom is preferred, though not necessary. You are computer literate and can access the internet to upload and download assessments and course work when required.
10. You understand if you enrol into a course with Taronga Training Institute you will be required to access the online student management system on a regular basis to receive and send communication to the institute.
11. You will answer all questions truthfully and to the best of your ability.
Work Health and Safety considerations:
1. Self health assessment. Taronga Training Institute is required and committed to ensure that all prospective students satisfy the inherent requirements and job demands of the course for which they are being considered and that all students are safe in fulfilling the practical components of their course. This information is required for the purpose of assessing your fitness for participation in the course. Please Note: medical clearance may be required if requested by Taronga’s WHS Manager.
2. Taronga’s Veterinary and Animal Health Team in consultation with Taronga’s Work Health and Safety Manager would like to advise you that working in some areas of the Zoo poses a risk to both animals and humans in the transfer of tuberculosis. Taronga requires you to provide TB clearance prior to commencement if you are identified as being in a high risk category for tuberculosis. You will need to provide TB clearance if you fit into any of the following categories:
• Born overseas in a high TB incidence country
• Lived overseas in a high TB incidence country for longer than 3 months
• Have known exposure to a TB positive person
Please note: TB clearance is not required prior to acceptance of a position in the course
Please be advised that the risk of contracting TB is very low. However, you may choose to seek further advice from your health professional.
Note: No payment will be required until such time as you have been offered a position in the course and accepted that position, at which time payment of the nominated fee is required in FULL.- students have the option to pay by two instalments, the first falling due on acceptance of a position in the course and the second falling due approximately half way through the course OR students can pay the course fee in full upon acceptance of a position in the course. Offers are made within one month of enrolments closing.