Thank you for your interest in studying with the Taronga Training Institute in 2016. By completing this application you acknowledge the following conditions:
1. Your application will be evaluated and if you are successful, you will be offered a position in the Certificate III in Captive Animals with the Taronga Training Institute. Payment of student component of course fees will then fall due on or before 31st October 2015
2. Course fee is variable dependent on your eligibility for a Smart and Skilled position and your individual circumstances - the relevant information will be captured via your enrolment application. You will be advised of the fee that you should expect to pay if you are successful in gaining a position in the course.
3. The completion of your application does not constitute enrolment in the course. All applications will be reviewed based on eligibility and merit. Applicants deemed most suitable, based on their response to the selection criteria questions contained within the application will be invited to attend an interview in late September/early October2015. You may withdraw your application at any stage, prior to being offered/accepting a position.
4. You understand that if you are successful in being offered a position in the course in Sydney, you will be assigned to one day per week of practical placement. Classroom lessons will be held fortnightly from 4pm - 8pm. Practical days will start as early as 6.30am and finish by 4pm.
4A. You understand that if you are successful in being offered a position in the course in Dubbo, you will be assigned to 4x2week blocks of practical placement and one additional 1x1 week block of practical placement. Classroom lessons will be held in 5x1 week blocks (dates to be confirmed - but tentativelty scheduled under "Classroom Sessions" above).
5.Students are required to attend ALL practical days; any that are missed will need to be rescheduled and may incur an administration fee.
6. Attendance is expected at ALL classes; attendance of less than 80% of classes may result in the missed unit/s of competency needing to be repeated at the student's expense prior to being eligible for the issue of a qualification.
7. You understand that a requirement of this course is the completion of the Certificate II in Animal Studies or equivalent (minimum of 12 months documented experience working with animals), prior to commencing study in the Certificate III in Captive Animals. You agree to provide evidence of your enrolment and/or successful completion of the course if offered a position.
8. You understand that in order to be eligible to study with the Taronga Training Institute you must be an Australian Citizen, permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand Citizen who has been residing in Australia for at least 6 months.
9. You understand that it is a requirement of this course that you wear the Taronga Training Institute student uniform when you attend onsite practical days. The uniform consists of a polo shirt and jumper. The course fee includes one polo shirt and one jumper. Additional uniform items can be purchased at $45 per item.
10. The Taronga Training Institute is committed to minimising its use of paper. As such you confirm you have access to a computer to access course material, and upload assessments. The use of a laptop or tablet in the classroom is preferred, though not necessary. You must be computer literate and can access the internet to upload and download assessments and course work when required.
11. You understand if you enrol into a course with Taronga Training Institute you will be required to access the online student management system on a regular basis to receive and send communication to the institute.
12. You will answer all questions truthfully and to the best of your ability
Work Health and Safety considerations:
1. Self health assessment. Taronga Training Institute is required and committed to ensure that all prospective students satisfy the inherent requirements and job demands of the course for which they are being considered and that all students are safe in fulfilling the practical components of their course. This information is required for the purpose of assessing your fitness for participation in the course. Please Note: medical clearance may be required if requested by Taronga’s WHS Manager.
2. Taronga’s Veterinary and Animal Health Team in consultation with Taronga’s Work Health and Safety Manager would like to advise you that working in some areas of the Zoo poses a risk to both animals and humans in the transfer of tuberculosis. Taronga requires you to provide TB clearance prior to commencement if you are identified as being in a high risk category for tuberculosis. You will need to provide TB clearance if you fit into any of the following categories:
• Born overseas in a high TB incidence country
• Lived overseas in a high TB incidence country for longer than 3 months
• Have known exposure to a TB positive person
Please note: TB clearance is not required prior to acceptance of a position in the course
Please be advised that the risk of contracting TB is very low. However, you may choose to seek further advice from your health professional.
Note: No payment will be required until such time as you have been offered a position in the course and accepted that position, at which time payment of the nominated fee is required in FULL.- students have the option to pay by four instalments, the first falling due on acceptance of a position in the course and the remaining instalments falling due approximately quarterly OR students can pay the course fee in full upon acceptance of a position in the course.