Bookings for the January 2012 Holidays Program are NOW OPEN!
**Please note that the following dates are completely filled:
5, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19 January 2012**
- Tuesday 3rd January – Remarkable Rainforests
- Wednesday 4th January – Trainer for a Day
- Thursday 5th January – Paws, Jaws & Claws
- Friday 6th January – Outback Africa
- Monday 9th January – Race around the Zoo
- Tuesday 10th January – Outback Aussie Adventure
- Wednesday 11th January – Happy Fee
- Thursday 12th January – Vet for a Day
- Friday 13th January – Insecta Inspectors
- Monday 16th January – Kiddie Keepers
- Tuesday 17th January – Zoo Detectives
- Wednesday 18th January – Summertime Splash
- Thursday 19th January – Paws, Jaws & Claws
- Friday 20st January – Creatures of the Nigh
Zoo Adventures costs $55 per day per child (9.30am - 3.30pm) Additional supervision is available from 8am to 5.30pm and costs a further $22 per day per child. All Zoo Adventurers must wear a yellow Zoo Adventures t-shirt. If you do not own one from a previous visit, the t-shirt can be purchased for $12. The program is for children aged 5 to 12 years of age.
How to book
To book Zoo Adventures please download, complete and return the booking form (located at the bottom of this page), remembering to complete your payment information. Bookings must be received prior to the first day your child plans to attend and payments must be received in advance. Please ensure an email address is provided as your confirmation will be sent by email.
What to bring
- A packed lunch
- A hat
- Wet weather gear in case of rain
- A light snack for morning tea - mixed fruit
- Water and cordial throughout the day
Where and when to meet?
Zoo Adventures is held at Taronga Zoo. Pick up and drop off is at the ANZ Lecture Theatre (located in between the Main Entrance & the Education Centre). Please enter via the Zoo car park between 8:45am-9:15am and pick up at 3:30pm. Parking in the multi storey car park is free of charge for 90 minutes.
Extended Care: Arrival 8am-9am and pick up by 5:30pm.
If you think you are going to be late please contact the Education Centre administration 9978 4624 or the Taronga Zoo Switchboard 9969 2777.
Conditions of booking:
Behind-the-scenes tours are subject to cancellation and change without notification.
There will be no refunds for cancellations, however names can be transferred upon arrival on the day or a credit can be provided for the following holiday period. The program is available for children aged 5 to 12 years of age.
Children who are not collected within 15 minutes of the end of the day, will be booked into Extended Care. Extended Care is $22 per child.
For identification purposes, all children attending the program at Sydney's Taronga Zoo are required to wear the yellow Zoo Adventures t-shirt, which can be purchased on the day or via downloadable booking form.