Join Team Taronga in the City2Surf on Sunday 12th August and help protect the King of the Jungle – the Sumatran Tiger. Tigers represent all that is powerful about nature. A true survivor, the tiger is brave and courageous, rising up to any challenge.
However, our closest neighbourhood tiger, the Sumatran Tiger, is facing a threat it cannot survive alone. There are fewer than 400 wild individuals remaining on an island where 97% of their original habitat has been destroyed. And as their habitat continues to decline, the opportunities for poaching increase. The Sumatran Tiger needs our help.
If you’re running in City2Surf this year, you can make a real difference for Tigers by joining Team Taronga and fundraising for the wild.
By joining Team Taronga, you’ll also receive some exclusive benefits:
- Tiger fundraising pack with information to get you started
- Team Taronga shirt and cap for first $50 raised
- Raise over $250 to receive a family pass to Taronga Zoo
- Raise over $500 to receive a plush tiger
- Raise over $1,000 to receive an exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Animal Experience, including day entry to Taronga Zoo for up to 8 people.
Make your run count by joining Team Taronga in City2Surf and releasing the tiger within!