Join Team Taronga in the City2Surf on Sunday 14 August. We have 20 Gold Charity entries and are looking for passionate people who can commit to raising $1,000.
Your help is urgently needed. Every day, wild animals are falling to illegal poaching and habitat destruction, and species are on the brink of extinction. Taronga is working in Australia, and around the world, to help safeguard animals at risk. You can help us breed threatened species, protect their genetic diversity, and even re-introduce them to the wild.
Run for the Taronga as a Gold Runner, and when you sign up you'll receive:
- An exclusive Gold Charity Entry which gives you a start towards the front of the pack
- A Team Taronga shirt and cap to wear on race day
- Team Taronga email updates
- We'll also be there to cheer you on and congratulate you on race day
- Plus, we will reward you with a plush animal toy once you raise your first $500
- When you reach $1,000, you will receive an exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Animal Encounter voucher for a group of eight, which includes day entry to Taronga Zoo.
If you are not eager to be a gold runner but would still like to run for wildlife, you can join Team Taronga. There is no minimum fundraising requirement but if you donate $50 or more to yourself we'll provide a Team Taronga shirt and cap to compete in.
In our Centenary we are hoping to have 100 Team Taronga runners for our 100th Birthday!