Elephant Journey, the 2014 Taronga Dinner, hosted by Adam Spencer was a fantastic success raising over $350,000 for Asian Elephant conservation.
Held at the Ivy Ballroom, guests were welcomed in true Taronga style with animal encounters on arrival.
Guests heard from Senior Elephant Keeper Lucy Melo about the success over the past 10 years with three calves born at Taronga, the need to expand the herd and continue the breeding program to work to help secure a future for Asian Elephants, as well as the direct support Taronga provides for field conservation initiatives in Thailand, Cambodia, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Fundraising actives included the Cerrone Lucky Elephant which was the hit of the night. 50 ceramic elephants were sold for the chance to win a stunning custom made necklace by Cerrone valued at $15,000. The live auction saw an Expedition to the Galapagos, Private NYE party at Taronga and a Kenyan Safari get the bidding paddles in the air and the mobile phone bidding for the silent auction had people bidding on items who were not even in the room.
Sincere thanks go to everyone who attended and supported the event by purchasing tickets, buying auction items, participating in the raffle and lucky elephant and making a pledge. This money will go a long way in continuing our efforts for Asian Elephants, both here and in the wild.
A special thanks to our event sponsors;
- Eclipse Travel, http://eclipsetravel.com.au/
- Bench International, http://www.benchinternational.com.au/
- Another Colour http://anothercolour.com.au/
- Buds & Bowers, http://www.budsandbowers.com/
- Burwood Press, http://www.burwoodpress.com.au/
- Cerrone, http://www.cerrone.com.au/
- Merivale http://merivale.com.au/ &
- Innovative Productions, http://innovative.net.au/