Taronga is seeking Dinosaur Volunteers! Are you interested in an experience that comes along once in 100,000 million years?
Dinosaur Volunteers are interpretation/customer service specialised volunteers who enrich the visitor experience at both of Taronga’s Zoos by interpreting, explaining and advocating for wildlife in engaging and relevant ways. Together, they encourage Taronga’s visitors to connect with, explore, understand and take positive action for wildlife.
Volunteer roles are available seven days, working hours are 9am - 5pm.
These special event volunteer roles will run from approx. the end of September 2014 to early February 2014.
Volunteers will also be put through a training program of customer service, dinosaur and Taronga knowledge.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Experience or interest in effective guiding, interpretation or education.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving ability, including resolving customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a diverse team
- A good knowledge or willingness to learn, of Taronga’s activities and programs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commitment, punctuality, reliability and professional, friendly manner
To apply for this role, you are required to complete the volunteer application form and address the selection criteria. For further information regarding this position, please contact Alex Connor on (02) 9932 4375, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. or read the detailed position description.
Applications close Friday, 5th September 2014.
Please note: an administrative fee of $25.00 will be charged to the successful applicant's.
This includes uniform, administration and training materials.
(Volunteer benefits include, complimentary entry passes for family and friends, networking opportunities, free parking and entry to the Zoo while actively volunteering).