1. A Zoo Friends membership is only valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
2. There is no refund on memberships and memberships cannot be paid on a pro-rata basis for part-of a year.
3. Any changes to memberships must be made within 30 days of purchase.
4. Zoo Friends membership, including transferable Guest passes, is not available for corporate use.
5. A valid Zoo Friends Membership grants the listed members unlimited entry during normal opening hours to Taronga Zoo, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide zoos with the exception of the Transferable Guest Pass which grants unlimited entry during normal opening hours to Taronga Zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo only.
6. Your Zoo Friends membership enables you to visit other zoos in Australia, including Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. You can visit the interstate zoos as often as you wish but prior to doing so please contact the Zoo Friends office at Taronga so that we can provide you with a letter to confirm your membership is current. Unfortunately without this letter of confirmation you will not be permitted entry at the interstate zoos. You can request this information by contacting the Zoo Friends office on 02 9969 2777.
7. A Zoo Friends named membership card is non-transferable. All memberships, excluding Guest Passes, must include current member details, including first and last name and a photograph of the member. Only the named person listed on Zoo Friends membership card may use it.
8. The transferable guest pass may only be used by one person per visit per day to either Taronga or Taronga Western Plains zoos and is not valid at the interstate zoos.
9. No more than five transferable guest passes can be purchased per Zoo Friends membership.
10. To gain entry to Taronga and Taronga Western Plains zoos the member must present a valid and signed Zoo Friends membership card to the admission staff.
11. Renewal of Zoo Friends membership which have exceeded its expiry date by a period of more than two months are subject to a joining fee in addition to the membership subscription.
12. A Zoo Friends child membership covers a single child aged 4-15yrs inclusive.
13. Additional members may be added to a Zoo Friends membership, they are subject to the full applicable membership fee and will expire on the same date as the main member.
14. The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their Zoo Friends membership are correct at all times.
15. Visitors to Taronga Zoo or Taronga Western Plains Zoo choosing to discount their membership fees by the cost of the day’s admission are bound by the following terms:
- A valid entry receipt must be presented at the time of purchase.
- Only one admission amount can be discounted from each membership purchased.
- Admissions must be of an equivalent or comparatively lesser value to than the membership they are to be discounted from. For example, the maximum discount available for a child membership is a child admission fee.
16. Eligible members may change their membership to a Taronga Teacher’s Association (TTA) Membership or any other type of membership offered by Taronga but in doing so they agree they are not entitled to any refund and forfeit any benefits which are not offered by a TTA membership.
We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organisations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats.