Securing a shared future for wildlife and people Watch the Video

Taronga Zoo advises that an item sold during the recent Vivid festival at the Zoo poses a potential hazard if broken apart.

The item is a soft gel ring with flashing lights. A guest to Taronga notified the Zoo that after returning home, a child broke open the ring, exposing button batteries, which pose a potentially serious hazard if ingested.

All of these items were immediately withdrawn from sale, however, the Zoo wishes to advise guests that have already purchased the soft gel rings of the potential hazard and to keep them away from children.

Taronga Zoo Management has also commenced a review of all retail items to ensure ongoing safety.

Refunds for any of the gel rings purchased will be honoured, please visit one of our retail outlets at Taronga Zoo, email or telephone 02 9978 4672 between the hours of 11am and 4.30pm, seven days a week.

Media Release / Blog Tag: