Terms and Conditions – Zoo Parent April 2013 Promotion
Terms and Conditions – Zoo Parent Mothers’ Day promotion
Taronga Conservation Society Australia
- Entry into this competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a Game of Chance.
- Entry is open to anyone who adopts any animal at Taronga or Taronga Western Plain Zoo at the Savannah level ($85) or higher in the month of April 2013. This can be done via the Taronga Zoo website or by calling 02 9932 4342 and ordering over the phone. Entry is valid for purchasers when adopting for themselves or as a gift in the month of April 2013 and when MUM2013, RENEW04, WILDCHILD, ILOVEMUM, MOTHERSDAY or BEADS is quoted in the promotional code field when ordering online, or when ordering over the phone.
- Entry is open to entrants of all ages.
- The condition of all entries is joining Taronga’s communication database. By entering, you are agreeing to receive information and marketing material including by electronic mail from Taronga Conservation Society Australia, covering wildlife news and updates, promotions and conservation news. You can opt out at any time.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Promotion commences on 1 April 2013 at 9.00am (AEST) and concludes on 30 April 2013 at 5:00pm (AEST).
- HOW TO ENTER:To participate you must adopt any animal at Taronga Zoo or Taronga Western Plains Zoo at the Savannah level ($85) or higher, through the Zoo Parent program on the Taronga Zoo website, via the online shopping cart or by calling 02 9932 4342. For a valid entry you must adopt an animal and complete the adoption purchase via the online shopping cart on the Taronga Zoo website and enter MUM2013, RENEW04, WILDCHILD, ILOVEMUM, MOTHERSDAY or BEADS in the promotional code field or when ordering over the phone.
- Entry is not capped at one (1) per person, rather one (1) per valid Zoo Parent adoption of an Australian animal, when placed via the online shopping cart on the Taronga Zoo website or over the phone during the promotional period, where the promotional code MUM2013, RENEW04, WILDCHILD, ILOVEMUM, MOTHERSDAY or BEADS is quoted at time of order.
- The winners are drawn at random from the pool of entrants. All final and valid entrants will be collected and the random winners will be drawn manually on Monday 6 May at 10am AEST. The draw will take place at Taronga Zoo, Bradleys Head Road Mosman, NSW 2088. All valid entries will be manually collected and pooled together, and twenty (20) winners will be manually selected at random from the pool of entries. The winners will be notified by telephone or email on Monday 6 May 2013.
- The Prizes: The first twenty (20) entries randomly drawn from all valid entries will receive a handmade “Beads for Wildlife” bracelet valued at $6.95.The total prize pool is worth $139. Value is correct at March 2013. Prizes will be sent via Australia Post.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, or who submits an entry/claim which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought prior to entering the competition.
- The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied unless authorised by the Promoter. The prize value includes GST and is in Australian dollars and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize or part of is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- Prizes are not transferable to another person or exchangeable. The prize cannot be redeemed as cash, other goods and services or sold to a third party including online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of identity prior to awarding the Prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The entrant agrees to participate and co-operate with the Promoter as required in any possible editorial and promotional activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed to promote this competition (including any outcome) without remuneration. Winners also agrees to grant to the Promoter a perpetual and exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Winners may be required to execute a Deed of Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter, at the Promoters discretion.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, malfunction of any telephone network or line, providers or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion. The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the activity and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State and Territory Regulation
- The Promoter is Taronga Conservation Society Australia / Zoological Parks Board of NSW (ABN 41 733 619 876) of Bradleys Head Road, Mosman NSW 2088. Phone: +61 (0)2 9969 2777. Permit Number LTPM/12/00710