Taronga currently has a vacancy for an administrative assistant (volunteer) in our Scientific Research and Wildlife Conservation area.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide IT assistance
- Updating the Wildlife Health website
- Providing video production assistance
Volunteer days are available every day of the week.
- This position is required to work a minimum of one ½ day per week, between Monday – Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- This position requires a commitment of 6 months minimum
- You will also be asked to attend a one day Taronga Induction
This IT focused administrative position will support the department across a number of different projects and provide IT assistance such as updating a Wildlife Health website, posting events, activities, files, and providing video production assistance such as; editing & compressing video files. Some experience preferred, however training is available
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Have an understanding of website administration
- Video editing experience preferred
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have an excellent ability to work on a PC platform
How to apply
To apply for this role, you are required to provide:
The above need to be completed and sent to:
PO Box 20
or email us here by Sunday, 7th July 2013
An administrative fee of $25.00 will be charged to the successful applicants.
This includes uniform, administration and training materials.
Volunteer benefits include
- networking opportunities
- free parking and entry to the Zoo while actively volunteering