Taronga Conservation Society Australia -
Zoological Parks Board of NSW
Win one of three Wild Family Adventures for 2 Adults and 2 Children (5 – 15yrs) at Billabong Camp, Taronga Western Plains Zoo (Dubbo), or one of 15 runner up Taronga Western Plains Zoo Admission + Bike Hire prizes for 2 Adults and 2 Children.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize/s forms part of these conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a Game of Chance.
2. Entry is open to NSW residents aged 18 years+ during the promotional period. Directors, employees and their immediate families of Taronga Conservation Society Australia (TCSA) Trading as Taronga Zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo (including spouse, parent, child or sibling whether or not they live in the same house) and printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
3. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Promotion commences on Sunday, 10 March 2013 at12pm (AEST) and concludes on Monday 1 April 2013 at 5:00pm (AEST).
How To Enter:
To enter, during the Promotional Period, you must:
- Visit the Taronga Western Plains Zoo website www.taronga.org.au/wildfamilyadventure
- Fully complete and submit an entry form (including providing requested contact details and a residential address). For a valid entry, you must sufficiently complete the entry form at www.taronga.org.au/wildfamilyadventure with valid and correct details including, but not limited to, your name, address, and email address. You must submit the entry form successfully online before the closing date.
4. Entry is limited to one (1) per person. No scripting is allowed for on-line entries (which will be deemed invalid).
5. The winners will be drawn at random from the total pool of entrants. All final and valid entrants will be collected and random winners will be drawn on Wednesday 3 April 2013 at 11am AEST. The draw will take place at Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Obley Road Dubbo NSW 2830. All valid entries will be manually collected and pooled together, and the 3 winners and 15 runners up manually selected separately and at random from the pool of entries. The winners will be notified by email, telephone or mail by Friday 5 April 2013. The winners will also be announced on Taronga.org.au by Friday 5 April 2013.
6. The winners of the three Major Prizes must contribute significant information towards a review of their experience to be published in the Newcastle Herald, Newcastle Star and Hunter Valley News in September 2013 (only one review will be published per paper, at Taronga Western Plains Zoo’s discretion as to which review appears in which paper.) This is a condition of accepting the prize and also includes sufficient assets (photography) of their trip, though winners can opt to exclude pictures that fully identify them and their group attending the trip. Taronga Western Plains Zoo reserves the right to approve and make edits to the review/s and select/approve images where necessary to correctly communicate all elements of the experience.
7. Each prize is for 2 adults and 2 children. For the major Wild Family Adventure prizes, children must be aged 5 – 15 years. Children under 5 years of age are not permitted to undertake the Billabong Camp experience. For the runner up prizes, children are classified as under 15 years for Zoo entry. Bike hire is subject to availability and a Bike Hire agreement form must be signed when bikes are hired. Bikes cannot be booked in advance.
8. THE PRIZE POOL: The first 3 randomly drawn from all entries will receive an overnight stay at Billabong camp for two adults and two children valued at $450, this includes overnight accommodation, dinner, breakfast and included tours and encounters as well as two day admission to Taronga Western Plains Zoo. The prize is valid till 30 November 2013 and cannot be used during NSW school holiday periods. The next 15 randomly drawn from all entries will receive two-day admission to Taronga Western Plains Zoo and bike hire for 2 Adults and 2 Children valued at $ 193.30, prize pool valued at $4249.50. Value is correct as at March 2013.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, or who submits an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought prior to entering the competition.
12. The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied unless authorised by the Promoter. The prize value includes GST and is in Australian dollars and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize or part of is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
13. Prizes are not transferable to another person or exchangeable. The prize cannot be redeemed as cash, other goods and services or sold to a third party including online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
14. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Promoter and its associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of age and identity prior to awarding the Prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
18. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
20. The entrant agrees to participate and co-operate with the Promoter as required in all editorial and promotional activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) without remuneration. Winners also agrees to grant to the Promoter a perpetual and exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
21. Winners may be required to execute a Deed of Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter, at the Promoters discretion.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, malfunction of any telephone network or line, providers or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion. The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
23. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the activity and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State and Territory Regulation.
24. The Promoter is Taronga Conservation Society Australia / Zoological Parks Board of NSW (ABN 41 733 619 876) of Bradleys Head Road, Mosman NSW 2088. Phone: +61 (0)2 9969 2777.
NSW Permit number LTPM/12/00710.