Experience Sydney’s ultimate sleepover with Roar & Snore at Taronga Zoo. Featuring stunning harbour views, luxury glamping accommodation and exclusive up-close encounters with the Zoo’s animals, Roar & Snore is a must-do for locals and visitors alike.
What to expect
• Be dazzled by the sight of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge twinkling in the evening light as you enjoy gourmet refreshments and nibbles at the Roar & Snore harbour-side campsite
• Enjoy an up close and personal encounter with some of the Zoo’s friendliest creatures at the campsite
• Feed your hunger with an all-you-can eat buffet dinner
• Experience the Zoo and our animals like never before with an exclusive night safari, lead by our passionate guides
• Relax and enjoy a restful night’s sleep in our award-winning tent accommodation
• Experience two behind-the-scenes tours of the Zoo, where you will have more opportunities to get up close to our most important residents
Roar & Snore is very popular and most nights are booked well in advance.
Taronga Zoo Friends members are entitled to a discount on selected nights and should call us on 02 9978 4791 to arrange their booking. You can view all our available dates below and when you're ready you can book via Ticketek.
Cancellations and changes to dates
Roar & Snore is an all weather event. However, we may cancel dates due to severe, unsafe weather conditions or in other circumstances beyond our control. Wherever possible, you will be contacted in advance and your visit rescheduled or you will be offered a full refund.
Cancellation/rescheduling by participants. All payments are non-refundable. Cancellations and the rescheduling of dates are not permitted.
Gift certificates are available directly from Roar & Snore, see pricing above. We can personalise the certificate and they are valid for six months from the date of purchase. Please call us on 02 9978 4791 and keep in mind that vouchers take two to three working days to process.If you have been given a gift voucher, please contact us directly to arrange your visit.
Roar & Snore takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening throughout the year, and runs every night during NSW school holidays. Additional nights may be available during high tourist season or upon request.
Additional details and conditions
- Children must be at least five (5) years old to attend Roar & Snore
- Roar & Snore is a non-smoking event
- On family nights there is a maximum of three children per adult
- On adults-only nights all guests must be over 18
- An exclusive Roar & Snore can be booked for your group only. Minimum and maximum numbers apply, and can vary depending on school terms and season
Last updated 6.12.2016 at 12.02pm
|Allocation exhausted/not available|
|AO||Adults Only nights|
|No Roar and Snore running|
Please note Roar and Snore rates will increase for bookings from the 1st of October.
|Roar and Snore rates from 1st October||Peak||Off Peak|
December dates are now available! Bookings can be made through Ticketek or by calling the Roar and Snore office on 9978 4791 to redeem a Roar and Snore Gift Voucher or book as a Taronga Zoo Friend.
Adults only nights in December will be Tuesday the 6th, Tuesday the 13th and Tuesday the 20th.
January dates are now available! Bookings can be made through Ticketek or by calling the Roar and Snore office on 9978 4791 to redeem a Roar and Snore Gift Voucher or book as a Taronga Zoo Friend.
Adults only night in January will be Monday the 30th.
February bookings will be available from 9.00am Wednesday the 23rd of November. To make a booking please visit Ticketek or if make a booking with a Roar and Snore gift voucher or as a Taronga Zoo Friend, please call the Roar and Snore team on 9978 4791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday the 14th of February will be operating as a special premium night. For more information on pricing or to make a booking please call the Zoo direct on 02 9978 4791.
|13 AO||14 AO||15||16||17||18||19|
For more information or to make a booking please contact the Roar and Snore team on 02 9978 4791 or email email@example.com
Roar and Snore usually takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening throughout the year. We also run every night during NSW school holidays. Additional nights may be available during high tourist season or on request. Bookings can only be made for dates displayed above. Addtional months are made available for sale on a rolling monthly basis.