1. Exhibits at Taronga Zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo are designed to complement the animals and vegetation in our collection. Free-roaming animals, moats and elevated walkways, for example, can be dangerous. Children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times. It is an express condition of your entry and your participation in the activities conducted by the Zoos that you do hereby, for yourself, your heirs, executors, assigns and next-of-kin and each of them release, waive and discharge the Taronga Conservation Society Australia its officers, directors, agents and employees of and from all liability, claims or demands for all injuries, losses, damages of any kind or nature to your person or property or to that of any minor under your supervision, while on the property of Taronga and Taronga Western Plains.
2. Taronga and Taronga Western Plains will enforce conditions of entry as per its authority under the Zoological Parks Regulation 200.
3. A guest is any person or persons on the grounds of Taronga Zoo or Taronga Western Plains Zoo or by virtue of a ticket or for any other reason.
4. A guest must enter via a public entrance and, where applicable, pay the entrance fee and car parking fee.
5. A guest is not permitted to bring into the Zoo any animal; animal costume; ball; balloon; bicycle, scooter, skateboard, roller blades or similar apparatus; alcohol or illegal substance.
6. A guest is not permitted to use any audio equipment or musical instrument at a volume likely to disturb any animal; or behave in a manner that is likely to cause offence or disruption to other guests.
7. A guest is not permitted to touch or interfere with any animal or vegetation; remove or disturb any rock, stone, sand or similar substance; feed any animal; throw any object; climb on, damage or deface any structure or sign; light any fire; or litter.
8. A guest is not permitted to conduct any commercial activity in Zoo grounds including the use of any media equipment.
9. A guest is not permitted to enter or remain outside public hours or enter any non-public area or exhibit.
10. All guests must abide with any other conditions displayed in Zoo grounds or communicated by Zoo staff.
11. Taronga Zoo’s Sky Safari (cable car) offers one-way journeys only and reserves the right to refuse travel on the Sky Safari to any person. All children up to the age of 14 travelling on the Sky Safari must be accompanied by an adult. Sky Safari is operational daily; however Taronga reserves the right to close the Sky Safari in any situation that it deems necessary.
12. Taronga and Taronga Western Plains has the authority to close the Zoo or any part there of, including any animal exhibit (animals off display) or show, at any time for reasons of adverse weather, equipment failure, maintenance and construction, or in the interests of safety and will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred by a guest as the result of such closure.
13. Taronga Zoo & Taronga Western Plains Zoo is a smoke-free site. Smoking is prohibited in all zoo buildings, vehicles and out door areas.
Guests who do not comply may be removed.
14. There will be no refunds or rain checks due to inclement weather or animals resting or animals sleeping.
15. Taronga Zoo is a designated quarantine site under section 46A of the Australian Federal Quarantine Act 1908. A guest is not permitted to bring any animal into the Zoo.