Taronga is giving some favourite exhibits facelifts so you might come across some construction work when you visit Taronga Zoo. Although you’ll notice work going on, most of our 2,500 animals are on display as usual but there are some that are presently off exhibit.
Animals currently off display at Taronga Zoo include:
- Orang-utans: limited viewing will be available due to exhibit renovations.
- No Gorilla Talk until advised. Please check website prior to your visit
- Blue and Gold macaw
- Pheasant Concal
- Eastern Barred Bandicoot
- Yellow-footed Rock Wallaby
- Ring-tailed Lemurs
- Southern Cassowary
- Francois' Leaf-monkey
- Saturday November 30 - Sky Safari will be unavailable from 2.30pm.
- Taronga Zoo Food Court has restricted food options due to renovations.
- The Water area in the Farm Yard Playground at Backyard to bush will not be available until Wednesday 30 October 2013.
The following birds are not currently featured in our QBE Free-Flight Bird Show
- White-bellied Sea Eagle
- Eclectus Parrots
- Rufous Owl
Also, our Peregrine Falcon only makes shows when weather permits