With nearly 50% gone, we need to act now.

Donate Now

This spectacular bird needs our help!

Find Out More

Fish4Life Challenge Banner

1) An estimated 95% of southern bluefin tuna caught by Australian Fisheries are caught as juveniles in purse seine nets, then fattened in sea cages. The remaining 5% are caught on longlines.

2) There are only 3-8% left of Southern Bluefin Tuna from their original numbers – they are a critically endangered species, yet are still being fished.

3) The record price paid for a single fish is approximately $390,000 for a 342kg bluefin tuna, in Japan in 2011. That's approximately $1,100 per kilo!

4) Some larger tuna species have warm blood, which enables them to inhabit a wide range of ocean habitats, and to stay active in cold waters.

Tuna Time

Tuna Time
Return to the main Fish4Life Tuna page here.

Week Two's Recipe

Week Two's Recipe
This week's recipe will help you create tasty grilled sardines.

How did you go with last week's quick quiz? Test your knowledge this week here.