Whether you choose a self-guided excursion, workshop or special event you are guaranteed to provide your students with an education experience to last a lifetime.
Utilise the below information to help plan a hassle-free fun-filled day!
- Decide on the purpose of your excursion - we have a range of workshops to meet your curriculum needs
- Fill your bus by combining with other faculties/subjects such as Business Studies, Creative Arts, D&T. We offer a range of workshops for these and other courses
- Use parent helpers
- Organise your students into small groups prior to arrival
- Plan your trail around the Zoo grounds before you begin
- Give the students time to stop and observe the animals and enclosures
- Incorporate keeper presentations into your excursion - they are informative and fun
- Provide a map for all supervising adults and students. Download from the website or use the new Taronga App!
- Ensure your booking has been pre-paid before your arrival at the Zoo
- Have your children/group assemble a "Zoo kit" e.g. notebook, pencils, clipboard, art paper, crayons, Zoo map, camera and resource (if required)
- Prepare for unexpected issues, for example, rain, lost students, accidents and travel problems
- Have fun! The Zoo is a fun and magical place. Enjoy the adventure with your students