Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in studying with the Taronga Training Institute. Please see below for terms & conditions and further instructions on how to apply.
1. To be considered for a position within the Certificate I in Tourism (Stage 5), you must discuss your desire to apply with your school careers advisor/ EVET contact. Together you will need to submit an expression of interest form through the EVET platform/website. This is only accessible through school logins and cannot be accessed as an individual student. Only applications submitted through the EVET website will be considered for the course. Expressions of interest sent via email or in paper form will not accepted.
2. The completion of the expression of interest form through EVET does not constitute enrolment in the course. In accordance with the EVET timeline, once the EVET applications closes your expression of interest will be evaluated through EVET and if successful, a position will be offered in the Certificate II in Animal Studies with the Taronga Training Institute. Offers will be made through EVET to the corresponding student’s school. Schools with successful students will be required to accept or decline their students offer by the required deadline as set out in the EVET timeline. Offers will be made in line with the EVET timeline dates. Schools may withdraw a student’s application at any stage. Payment of fees should be discussed between school and student prior to submission of their expression of interest.
3. You understand that if successful in being offered a position in the course, additional documentation will be requested and required to be submitted within the deadlines given by Taronga Training Institute. Failure to do so may result in the student relinquishing their position in the course. Students are required to commit to attending all classes on Thursdays in Term 1 – 3 (excluding school holidays). Classroom lessons will be held from 12 – 4pm weekly.
4. You understand that in order to be eligible to study with the Taronga Training Institute you must be an Australian Citizen, permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand Citizen residing in Australia.
5. You understand that it is a requirement of this course that you wear the Taronga Training Institute student uniform when you attend classroom sessions and onsite practical days. The uniform consists of a polo shirt and jumper. The course fee includes one polo shirt and one jumper. Additional uniform items can be purchased at $45 per item.
6. The Taronga Training Institute is committed to minimising its use of paper. Students must have access to a computer to access course material, and upload assessments. The use of a laptop (preferred) or tablet in the classroom is necessary. Students are to be computer literate and able to access the internet to upload and download assessments and course work when required.
7. You understand if you enrol into a course with Taronga Training Institute you will be required to access the online student management system on a regular basis to receive and send communication to the institute.
8. You will answer all questions truthfully and to the best of your ability.
Student Work Health and Safety considerations:
1. Self health assessment. Taronga Training Institute is required and committed to ensure that all prospective students satisfy the inherent requirements and job demands of the course for which they are being considered and that all students are safe in fulfilling the components of their course. This information is required for the purpose of assessing your fitness for participation in the course. Please Note: medical clearance may be required if requested by Taronga’s WHS Manager.
2. Taronga’s Veterinary and Animal Health Team in consultation with Taronga’s Work Health and Safety Manager would like to advise you that working in some areas of the Zoo poses a risk to both animals and humans in the transfer of tuberculosis. Taronga requires you to provide TB clearance prior to commencement if you are identified as being in a high risk category for tuberculosis. You will need to provide TB clearance if you fit into any of the following categories:
• Born overseas in a high TB incidence country
• Lived overseas in a high TB incidence country for longer than 3 months
• Have known exposure to a TB positive person
Please note: TB clearance is not required prior to acceptance of a position in the course
Please be advised that the risk of contracting TB is very low. However, you may choose to seek further advice from your health professional.