Thank you for your interest in studying with the Taronga Training Institute. By completing this application you acknowledge the following conditions:
1. Your application will be evaluated and if you are successful, you will be offered a position in the Certificate II in Animal Studies with the Taronga Training Institute. Payment of course fees are due within two weeks of the offer being made. Note: No payment of course fees is required until being offered a position in the course and the position being accepted at which time payment of the course fees will be required in FULL.
2. The completion of this application does not constitute enrolment in the course. All applications will be reviewed based on eligibility and merit, with accepted applicants being offered a position approximately 6 weeks after applications close. You may withdraw your application at any stage, prior to being offered/accepting a position.
3. You understand that if you are successful in being offered a position in the course, you will be assigned to a day of the week (Monday, Wednesday or Thursday) and you are committed to attending all classes on the dates listed on this webpage. Classroom lessons will be held from 10am-2pm On Mondays or 4pm - 8pm on Wednesdays & Thursdays aside from 2 day time sessions starting at 10am and concluding by 3/4pm.
4. Attendance is expected at ALL classes; attendance of less than 80% of classes may result in the missed unit/s of competency needing to be repeated at the student's expense prior to being eligible for the issue of a qualification.
5. You understand that in order to be eligible to study with the Taronga Training Institute you must be an Australian Citizen, permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand Citizen residing in Australia.
6. You understand that it is a requirement of this course that you wear the Taronga Training Institute student uniform when you attend classroom sessions. The uniform consists of a polo shirt and jumper. The course fee includes one polo shirt and one jumper. Additional uniform items can be purchased at $45 per item.
7. The Taronga Training Institute is committed to minimising its use of paper. As such you confirm you have access to a computer to access course material, and upload assessments. The use of a laptop (preferred) or tablet in the classroom is necessary. You are computer literate and can access the internet to upload and download assessments and course work when required.
8. You understand if you enrol into a course with Taronga Training Institute you will be required to access the online student management system on a regular basis to receive and send communication to the institute.
9. You will answer all questions truthfully and to the best of your ability.
Work Health and Safety considerations:
1. Self health assessment. Taronga Training Institute is required and committed to ensure that all prospective students satisfy the inherent requirements and job demands of the course for which they are being considered and that all students are safe in fulfilling the components of their course. This information is required for the purpose of assessing your fitness for participation in the course. Please Note: medical clearance may be required if requested by Taronga’s WHS Manager.
2. Taronga’s Veterinary and Animal Health Team in consultation with Taronga’s Work Health and Safety Manager would like to advise you that working in some areas of the Zoo poses a risk to both animals and humans in the transfer of tuberculosis. Taronga requires you to provide TB clearance prior to commencement if you are identified as being in a high risk category for tuberculosis. You will need to provide TB clearance if you fit into any of the following categories:
• Born overseas in a high TB incidence country
• Lived overseas in a high TB incidence country for longer than 3 months
• Have known exposure to a TB positive person
Please note: TB clearance is not required prior to acceptance of a position in the course
Please be advised that the risk of contracting TB is very low. However, you may choose to seek further advice from your health professional.