Would you like to help out with supporting delivery of training to the next generation of Zoo Keepers, and Animal Care and Tourism Professionals?
The Taronga Training Institute is Taronga Zoo’s Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91359). We train over 200 students a year in a variety of courses and subjects including Captive Animal Management & Tourism.
The Taronga Training Institute Project Administrative Volunteer will assist TTI with the integration of a new Student Management System. The projects volunteer may assist with a variety of administrative tasks including reviewing course materials and documents, filing, data entry, scanning and printing. Volunteers will receive training on necessary electronic systems.
The role also uses a range of electronic systems and maintains records to ensure compliance with required standards.
Please note that this is a short-term position and not an ongoing volunteer position. Volunteers are required for the specific student system integration project due for completion early 2020.
- This role is available Monday to Friday
- Applicants must be available to volunteer one day per week
- This position requires a commitment of 2-4 months
- All Taronga Volunteers are required to complete eLearning and attend induction and basic training
- Volunteers may be able to work at home to complete some tasks
To be successful in this role you will:
- Enjoy working with people and be prepared to be part of a team
- Commitment, punctuality, reliability and a professional, friendly manner
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome. Additional computer skills including the use of database management systems is desirable
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong customer service ethic
- Be able to maintain accuracy and motivation with repetitive tasks
Please note: this volunteer role will have no direct animal contact.
How to apply
Please submit the Application Form to apply. Please note that applications received via SEEK/GoVolunteer will not be processed.
Applications must be submitted via the Taronga Volunteer Vacancies website by Tuesday 24 September 2019.
Costs and benefits
A Volunteer Programs fee of $104.00 will be charged to successful applicants. This includes the following:
- Complimentary entry passes to Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Zoo for family and friends*
- Access to special events
- Discounts in our retail and food outlets and on our special programs
- Free parking
- Complimentary membership to Zoo Friends
- Free entry to Zoos Vic and Zoos SA and Zoos WA facilities
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunity to take part in special events and programs
*Complimentary passes are distributed in December each year.