Ready. Set. GO. From Sydney’s bustling city centre, you will power to the top of Heartbreak Hill and be welcomed by the oceanic blues of the beautiful Pacific Ocean, before dashing to the finish line on Sydney’s iconic Bondi Beach.
The majestic Lion, represents all that is powerful about nature. A truly fascinating and fierce creature, the lion is brave and courageous, rising up to any challenge. That is why he is known as the King of the Jungle.
However, this magnificent species is facing a threat and it cannot survive alone. Lions are regionally extinct in 7 African countries. Lions have experienced a 42% population decline in the past 21 years and it is estimated that only 20,000 – 39,000 lions remain in the wild. Sadly, humans are pushing lions out of their habitats and as their habitats and natural prey continues to decline, the opportunities for poaching increase. Lions need our help.
By joining Team Taronga in the 2018 City2Surf on Sunday 12 August and you can help raise awareness and vital funds to help Taronga support wildlife conservancies and ranger patrols protecting lions and educating communities in Africa, and help save this beautiful species.
By joining Team Taronga, you will also receive some exclusive benefits:
- Lion fundraising pack with all of the information you need to get your fundraising journey started
- Team Taronga shirt and cap for the first $50 you raise
- Raise over $300 to receive a family day pass to Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo and be one of the first to experience the new Pridelands
- Raise over $500 to receive a plush lion
- Raise over $1,200 to receive and exclusive Behind the Scenes animal experience, including day entry to Taronga Zoo for up to 8 people
Make your run count by joining Team Taronga in City2Surf and help ensure a thriving future for Lions!