Bend down and feel the contours of the shell of our oldest friends, the Aldabra Giant Tortoise. You’ll be a part of the animal’s daily feed, while our Keepers tell you all about these grand creatures.
Need to know
- $19.95 for the first ticket. $10.00 for each additional ticket (max of 3 additional tickets per group)
- When: 1:00pm Tuesdays and Thursdays during warmer months only (approximately Spring and Summer)
- Must be 8 years old or older (participants between the age of 8 and 14 need to be accompanied by a paying adult)
- Complimentary souvenir photo included
- Tickets available from 9:00am on the day of the encounter from our Zoo Shops and Animal Experience stations
- 12 tickets available per operating day - arrive early to secure your ticket
Note: Guests will be required to:
- Walk independently
- Visually see the distance to the floor
- Walk across uneven terrain and crouch/lean down
This encounter is subject to cancellation in extreme weather conditions and for animal welfare reasons. You can check the availability of this encounter in any of our Zoo Shops on your arrival to the Zoo.