Due to the likely impact of Covid19, Taronga has made the decision to postpone the Taronga Animal Welfare Symposium. If you have purchased a ticket, it will be refunded in full. Thank you for your interest in this event we hope to bring you good news with a revised date soon. If you would like to contact the Symposium organisers please email: email@example.com.
Join us as we engage with world class leaders in animal welfare and ethics on the thought-provoking ideas that may shape our future with animals.
Theme: Evolving Welfare Together
Date: Wednesday 3 June 2020
Time: Check-in from 8.30am, event from 9am to 5pm
Location: Taronga Institute of Science & Learning, Taronga Zoo Sydney
(Bradleys Head Rd, Mosman NSW 2088)
Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and light refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
Cost: $125 (ex GST) for symposium admission and $80 (ex GST) for students. NOTE: this does not include admission into Taronga Zoo Sydney.
Hear from guest speakers and experts in the field throughout the day:
- Session 1: Intro and plenary
- Session 2: Where is Animal Welfare Headed?
- Session 3: Wild Welfare
- Session 4: The Animals in Our Lives
- Session 5: Moving Forward
Upon arrival at Taronga Zoo Sydney
- Make your way through the Main Entrance of Taronga Zoo Sydney and head through the admission gates. You will then be directed to the entrance of the Taronga Institute of Science & Learning, where the symposium will take place
- Enter through the glass sliding doors where a staff member will greet you
- Taronga Zoo Sydney is 12 minutes from Circular Quay by ferry. Sydney Ferries services depart Circular Quay every 30 minutes. Save time and purchase your Zoo tickets at Wharf 4 ticket booth before you board
- Captain Cook Cruises operate the Zoo Express and all day hop on, hop off services departing daily from Darling Harbour and Circular Quay
- The Sydney Harbour Eco Hopper operate hop on, hop off services departing from Manly wharf and Circular Quay
- Fantasea Cruising Sydney operate a twice daily service from either Darling Harbour or Circular Quay
- The M30 Metro Bus travels to Taronga Zoo Sydney every 10 - 15 minutes from Central, Town Hall and Wynyard train stations
- Northern suburb bus routes can change at either Spit Junction or Mosman Junction to join the M30 to the Zoo
- The 238 bus route travels between Balmoral Beach, the Taronga Zoo Sydney main entrance and the Taronga ferry wharf on the water's edge for passengers arriving or leaving by ferry
- Bus and coach parking may be arranged by calling (02) 9969 2777
- Passengers can change at Circular Quay train station and join the ferry to Taronga Zoo Sydney
- Parking is available at Taronga Zoo Sydney, entry from Bradleys Head Road. The all-day parking rate is $19
- Please note the height of our carpark is maximum 2.1m
- Guests attending the Symposium will receive a FREE ride on the Sky Safari for those travelling from the bottom entrance (near the Ferry) of the Zoo to the Main Entrance (last ride at 4.30pm). Simply quote 'Animal Welfare Symposium' when reaching the front of the queue on the day