1. Instructions on how to claim and the reward form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
2. Claims are only open to Australian residents aged 4 years or older. Claimants aged between 4 and up to and including 13 years must be registered by a parent/guardian and also include the parent/guardian’s details on the claim form (in accordance with clause 5). Claimants aged between 14 years and up to but not including 18 years must also have parental/guardian approval to claim (however they are not required to provide their parent’s details at the time of registration). All parents/guardians of a claimant who is a minor must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. All parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor submitting a claim in this promotion.
3. Employees of the Promoter and Taronga Zoo are ineligible to claim.
4. Claims for Taronga Zoo Sydney open at 9:30am AEDST on 01/01/2017 and final claims close at 4:30pm AEDST on 31/12/2017 (“Claim Period”). Claims for Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo open at 9:30am AEDST on 01/03/2017 and final claims close at 4:30pm AEDST on 01/03/2018 (“Claim Period”).
5. To be eligible to claim, claimants (or their parent/guardian if a claimant is under the age of 14) must, before or on the day of their birthday in 2017, visit taronga.org.au/taronga-zoo/visit-taronga-zoo-for-one-dollar-on-your-birthday, follow the prompts to the promotion claim page, input the requested details (including their full name, birth date, a valid email address and postcode, and the details of their parent/guardian (if aged under 14 years) and submit the fully completed claim form so that it is received during the Claim Period. Entrants are opting in to receive communications from the Promoter, as a condition of claiming this offer, and for their details to be used in accordance with clause 28. Entrants will then receive a $1 entry voucher (via email) valid for use at Taronga Zoo, at Bradleys Head Rd, Mosman NSW 2088, by the claimant on the claimant’s birthday in 2017 or as otherwise outlined in clause 6 (“Voucher”). For clarity, claims cannot be submitted after an individual’s birthday in 2017 has passed. Claimants will not be able to redeem their voucher on any other day other day than that of their actual birth day, unless as otherwise stated in clause 6, and as proven by accepted forms of identification (as outlined in clause 7).
6. To redeem their Voucher, individuals must visit Taronga Zoo at Bradleys Head Rd, Mosman NSW 2088 on the day of their birthday in 2017 (as stated on the claim form and on their suitable ID), present their Voucher along with an original/certified, current and valid form of identification which clearly states the claimants birth date (in accordance with clause 7, below) at the ticket desk to claim the reward. For the sake of clarity, the reward is only valid for redemption/use by the claimant on the actual birthday of the claimant (or as otherwise specified above) as stated on the claim form and on the claimant’s form of identification. Guests who are born on 29th February can visit on any other day in February and guests born on 25th December can choose to visit on a different day in December. Claims can only be made at the Taronga Zoo ticket desk on the claimant’s birthday in 2017. Offer not valid for redemption for online ticket purchases.
7. Accepted forms of identification are limited to original or certified copies of: birth certificates; State issued proof of age cards; driver’s licenses; and/or passports. Acceptance of these forms of identification will be at the Promoter’s discretion. Only original or officially certified copies, scans or photos will be accepted.
8. Incomplete, indecipherable or incorrect (in terms of the information provided on the claim form) claims will be deemed invalid.
9. Only one (1) claim permitted per person.
10. Vouchers are only valid for use at Taronga Zoo at Bradleys Head Rd, Mosman NSW 2088. For the sake of clarity, Vouchers are NOT valid for use at Taronga Western Plains Zoo at Obley Rd, Dubbo NSW 2830. Vouchers are not valid for use with/in exchange for Taronga annual pass holders/Zoo Friend members or associated guest passes and memberships.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimant’s (including a claimant’s identity, age, birth date and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claim process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The reward is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual reward and service providers.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
16. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the Voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Voucher.
17. If a claimant of the reward is under the age of 18 years, the reward will be awarded to the claimant's nominated parent or guardian on the successful claimant’s behalf.
18. If for any reason a claimant does not take/redeem a reward at the time stipulated by the Promoter (i.e. on their birthday or as otherwise stated in clause 6), then the reward will be forfeited.
19. If any reward is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the reward (or that part of the reward) with a reward to the equal value and/or specification.
20. Rewards are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
21. Claimants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a successful claimant (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the claimant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
24. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that claimant invalid.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in reward value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of the reward or attendance at Taronga Zoo.
27. As a condition of claiming a reward, the claimant must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or reward suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a claimant is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such claimant will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
29. The Promoter is Taronga Conservation Society Australia (ABN 41 733 619 876)of Bradleys Head Road, Mosman NSW 2088.