Booking Terms & Conditions
1. Wild Ropes entry is subject to Taronga’s general Terms and Conditions of Zoo Entry.
2. Wild Ropes courses are challenging high ropes courses and participation is not without risk. All participants will receive a detailed safety briefing from an instructor prior to accessing the course.
3. A waiver form must be signed by all participants, or their parent/guardian, upon checking into Wild Ropes. A copy of the form may be found on the Taronga website.
4. Children’s Course participants must be at least 3 years old and must be supervised by an accompanying adult 18 years or over at all times.
5. Children’s Course entry allows for access to one hour of climbing, including harnessing and induction.
6. Junior/Adult Wild Ropes bookings provides you with access to two courses (Adventure Package) or four courses (Ultimate Challenge). A lower level course (approx 4 metres from ground level) must be completed prior to a higher level course (approx 8 metres from ground level). Wild Ropes reserves the right to prevent a participant from accessing a second course if, in our opinion, the person does not appear to be capable of managing that level. Juniors must be a minimum 8 years old. Participants must weigh less than 120kg and fit into our safety equipment.
7. All participants are required to act responsibly and courteously at all times and to respect other participants. Wild Ropes reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or to remove a participant from a course should we consider it necessary to do so. This may include not complying with the safety rules, appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or inappropriate behaviour.
8. Juniors must be at least 8 years and 1.4 metres tall (with shoes) to participate. Juniors 8 - 13 years must be supervised by a climbing adult (18 years and over) on the course. One adult may supervise up to four juniors whilst climbing. Juniors 14 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) on the Wild Ropes site at all times. Juniors 14 to 17 years need an adult (18+) to sign their waiver form.
9. All participants must be reasonably fit and healthy, must weigh less than 120kg and fit into our safety equipment. Anyone who does not meet these requirements will not be permitted on the course. It is your responsibility to ensure everyone in your group meets these requirements.
10. All participants are required to wear a safety harness and a helmet provided by Wild Ropes and fitted by an instructor. We also provide hairnets, for hygienic reasons, to be used at your discretion.
11. The courses are physically demanding and require a degree of agility, strength and endurance. If participants have medical concerns they are advised to consult their doctor in advance. Participants will be required to certify that they do not suffer from any medical condition which would make it more likely that they would be involved in any incident which could result in injury to themselves or others. Due to the physical nature of the courses, Wild Ropes recommends that pregnant women, people with pre-existing conditions or heart problems should not take part.
12. It is the responsibility of all participants to ensure that they are dressed appropriately with consideration for weather conditions and the Wild Ropes course. Wild Ropes will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, clothing or other personal items resulting from participation in Wild Ropes.
13. Wild Ropes reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Activities to any participant who is not appropriately dressed:
· participants must wear full enclosed shoes with rigid soles (sporting shoes are recommended); no exposed skin from the ankle down; no sandals, slip-off or toed shoes
· long hair must be tied back and all jewellery removed
· waists must be covered and piercings removed or taped over
· glasses, including prescription glasses, may only be worn with a strap
14. No items may be taken on the courses including cameras, phones, keys etc. Free lockers are available to Wild Ropes participants.
15. Wild Ropes will remain open in most weather conditions (except in circumstances of lightning, high winds or storm).
16. If it becomes necessary to close the course for reasons beyond our control, such as extreme weather conditions, we will offer alternative dates or times for your booking.
17. Participants must arrive in advance of their booked starting time as set out in your confirmation email. The courses have limited capacity and Wild Ropes may not be able to accommodate participants arriving late. No refunds or part-refunds will be made for late arriving participants.
18. No refunds or compensation will be payable by Wild Ropes in the event that any participant is not permitted to, or decides not to undertake or complete the courses, for any of the reasons set out in these Booking Terms and Conditions.
19. Bookings are fully paid for in advance, at the time of making your booking.
20. If you need to cancel or change your booking please contact Wild Ropes as soon as possible. An administration fee of $5 (including GST) applies to all changes and cancellations. No refunds for changes or cancellations are possible within seven days of your booking. Adding additional guests to your booking is subject to availability.
21. If your booking includes Zoo entry, your Zoo entry is valid only for the same day as your Wild Ropes booking.
22. Wild Ropes gift vouchers expire 3 years from date of purchase, you must book your Wild Ropes course before your gift voucher expires.
23. Photographs from Wild Ropes remain copyright to Wild Ropes and may only be used or reproduced by the purchaser or recipient for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose without our prior written permission.
24. Wild Ropes have the authority to use and reproduce any photograph taken at Wild Ropes for any purpose, without prior notice or payment of any compensation.
At Wild Ropes we will make every effort to ensure you enjoy a unique exhilarating experience. Please contact Wild Ropes if you have any questions.