Applications Close: Monday, November 18, 2019 - 23:59
Casual Retail Sales Assistant
- Awarded Australia’s Major Tourism Attraction
- Casual shifts available throughout December, January and February
- TCSA Retail & Restaurants (State Award), $18.35 to 26.21 per hour dependent on age plus appropriate penalties.
- Located at Taronga Zoo, Mosman
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people? Are you available for a 3-month period (December-February)?
Taronga is looking for driven and motivated Casual Retail Sales Assistant who are interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here: https://taronga.org.au/about-us/careers/working-here/working-zoo-so-much-more-just-job
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community– be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role…
The successful individual will…
- Enhance the guest experience and maximise retail sales by providing excellent customer service in Taronga’s retail stores.
- Comply with and report any Work, Health and Safety incidents in line with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter.
- Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and follow Taronga’s policy and procedures.
- Work effectively as a member of a high performing team, to assist Taronga in its achievement of strategic outcomes.
- Have strong product knowledge of Taronga’s retail offerings and the ability to explain the link with Taronga’s vision.
- Demonstrate high levels of cash handling skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently without supervision.
- Support Taronga’s education and conservation messages both internally and externally, ensuring all communications align with Taronga’s values to inspire change in accordance with Taronga’s vision and strategic pillars.
- Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
- Availability across key Taronga Events to support business operations
We are looking for candidates that will:
- Maintain a current Working with Children Check at your own expense
- Be available a minimum of 4 days per week across weekdays, weekends and public holidays
We value your safety and the privacy of your information. Please only apply for this position via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ This is the only legitimate website to apply via and the only website whereby applications will be accepted.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter of one page. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
- What techniques do you use to ensure you provide superior customer service? How do you adjust your approach when you serve customers with different needs?
- Can you provide an example of when you dealt with an unhappy customer? What methods did you use to resolve this issue? What was the end result?
Applications must be completed via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 00006HA0 or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Taronga Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
To view a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or email@example.com
Applications close: Midnight, 18th of November 2019 - Applications will be reviewed and considered on a daily basis so please apply now.