Applications Close: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 23:59
- Awarded Australia’s Major Tourism Attraction
- Ongoing full time position
- Clerk Grade 7/8. $107,684.51package includes base salary ($97,152) plus leave loading and superannuation as per the TCSA Salaried Employees Award
- Taronga Zoo, Mosman
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Executive Officer who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role…
The successful individual will provide comprehensive Executive Office support including high level secretarial and administrative duties for the Chief Executive. This position ensures the Chief Executive is organised, informed and able to perform the role effectively and efficiently. This role is responsible for Government and Ministerial liaison through the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment and other NSW and Federal Departments as required to progress organisational priorities.
- Prioritise the competing demands of the Chief Executive office to manage time and ensure strategic issues are addressed efficiently and effectively including supporting the Chief Executive to keep internal and external stakeholders updated on operational and strategic priorities.
- Support the Executive Team and Management Team to coordinate meetings, strategic discussions and collation of information as required.
- Lead Taronga’s interactions with the Department and other NSW Government and Federal government agencies, including arranging meetings and progressing organisational priorities.
- Oversee and manage the development and distribution of information and approval briefs to the Minister’s office including travel briefs, Board appointments, event and decision briefs.
- Oversee and manage the development and distribution of question time briefs, caucus notes, questions on notice and constituent correspondence.
- Coordinate Taronga’s input into Departmental and whole of Government initiatives, including required documentation and reports.
- Provide governance and secretariat services for the Board including coordinating Board meeting papers, meetings and action items. Assist the Chief Executive with reporting, invitations and Board requests.
- Manage allocated projects and activities to ensure objectives are delivered to agreed requirements.
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of secretarial and administrative support at an executive level, including secretariat services to a Board, within a complex organisation.
- Ability to draft public sector correspondence, including Ministerial submissions, Estimates papers and briefing notes.
- Experience and confidence in dealing with high pressure, sensitive, and confidential matters, and demonstrated success in resolving issues calmly and without escalation.
- Hold a current NSW Drivers Licence and obtain and maintain a current volunteer NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.
We value your safety, and the privacy of your information. Please only apply for this position via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/This is the only legitimate website to apply via, and the only website whereby applications will be accepted.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter of one page. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
- Please provide an overview of your skills and experience and how you believe they will assist you in performing the Executive Officer role. Your response must detail experience with administration and diverse stakeholder management.
- Please provide a recent example where you have managed a significant project and had to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, prioritising to meet multiple, competing deadlines in a high-volume environment. What skills and experience did you use? What was the result?
For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or email@example.com
Applications close: Midnight 20 November 2019