Applications Close: Sunday, September 29, 2019 - 23:59
- Iconic multi award winning Tourist Attraction located in Dubbo, NSW.
- Ongoing part time position – 3 days per week.
- TCSA Salaried Employees Award, Clerk Grade 3. $80,269.37 package (prorata for part time hours worked) includes base salary (72,418), superannuation and leave loading.
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Reproductive Technician
who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role…
The successful individual will provide support to both the Reproductive Biologist and the Conservation Biologist at Taronga Western Plains Zoo by establishing experimental design; requesting, accepting, logging and preparing samples; conducting assays; entering, analysing and interpreting data; producing reports and providing administrative support.
- Work with Wildlife Operations and Welfare, Conservation and Science staff to facilitate and generate projects that will inform management decisions.
- Stay abreast of new literature to facilitate projects that align with the team’s current research priorities.
- Work with Reproductive and Conservation Biologists to prioritise projects to be undertaken. Train and supervise volunteers, interns and students completing projects.
- Write up results of research projects in internal reports with recommendations and assist in preparing academic articles.
- Ensure laboratory equipment and infrastructure is regularly and properly serviced and maintained. Maintain clean, safe and functional laboratory. Keep informed of new technologies and procedures.
- Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
- Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
- Comply with and report any Work, Health and Safety incidents in line with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter.
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Science Degree or equivalent
- Laboratory experience and expertise
- Knowledge of conducting and interpreting scientific data
- Good track record of assisting with implementation of research results and stakeholder management
- Time management and prioritisation skills and experience
- Obtain and maintain a current volunteer NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.
We value your safety, and the privacy of your information. Please only apply for this position via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/This is the only legitimate website to apply via, and the only website whereby applications will be accepted.
Please submit your resume, a cover letter of one page and your answers to the two target questions below:
This role supports a team of biologists conducting scientific research and endocrine consultancy. Tasks include establishing experimental design, accepting and logging samples, sample preparation, conducting assays, data entry and analysis, producing reports and general lab upkeep. Outline your relevant experience and include details of your laboratory expertise, record keeping skills, data entry and interpreting scientific data (300-word limit).
Outline your experience and achievements in assisting with implementation of research results and stakeholder management (300-word limit).
For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Nikki Boecker, HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or email@example.com
Applications close: Midnight 29 September 2019