Applications Close: Monday, October 21, 2019 - 23:59
Reservations and Sales Officer
- Awarded Australia’s Major Tourism Attraction
- Multiple opportunities available, temporary, ongoing and casual. Including part and full time.
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Wages Award, Guest Experience Officer $44,376 base salary plus superannuation and leave loading = total package $49,187. For part time prorate for hours worked. Casual hourly rate $27.88 per hour plus appropriate penalties.
- Located at Taronga Zoo, Mosman
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for experienced, driven and motivated Reservations and Sales Officers who are interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends’ passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role…
The successful individuals will provide administrative and booking services for the organisation assisting our visitors with their enquiries in relation to products and experiences available.
- Provide professional, timely and consistent responses to customer enquiries from a number of channels
- Create new bookings and service clients throughout the booking process, identifying opportunities to up-sell or cross-sell products and effectively communicate bookings and requirements
- Ensure customer service standards are met or exceeded and that products offered match the customer’s requirements
- Build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist to achieve agreed revenue targets through effective servicing of external stakeholders and accounts
- Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
- Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
- Comply with and report any Work, Health and Safety incidents in line with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Demonstrated experience with electronic booking systems and selling a variety of products and experiences
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and provide responsive services to meet customer needs
- Hold or an ability to obtain a current Working with Children Check at your own expense.
- In accordance with the requirements of this role, you will be required to work on a rotating roster which will include shifts across seven days of the week, including public holiday, weekend and evenings
We value your safety, and the privacy of your information. Please only apply for this position via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/This is the only legitimate website to apply via, and the only website whereby applications will be accepted.
Please submit your resume and complete the two target questions as part of your application.
- Describe a time when you have turned a customer enquiry into a sale. How did you go about selling the product to the customer?
- How do you go about managing the accurate completion of competing tasks while working under pressure? Please give an example of a situation; what action did you take and what was the result of the action?
Applications must be completed via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 00006TZE or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact our HR team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or email@example.com
Applications close: midnight 21 October 2019 however, applications will be reviewed and considered on a daily basis so please apply now.