Applications Close: Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 23:59
Taronga Western Plains Zoo
- Casual vacancies
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo is a multiple New South Wales and National award winner for Best Tourist Attraction and Best Unique Accommodation
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Restaurant & Retail Award
- Located at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo
Do you enjoy working in Retail? Are you passionate about providing exceptional customer service? Do your sales skills stand out from the rest? Well Taronga Western Plains Zoo has a position for you!
Taronga is looking for experienced, driven and motivated Casual Retail Shop Assistants who are interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, animal management and offers amazing visitor experiences.
About the role…
To provide exceptional customer service and maximize retail sales for Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
To be on the forefront for this exciting opportunity you will demonstrate:
- Exceptional retail sales experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently without supervision.
- High level literacy and numeric skills
- Able to meet varied roster commitments including week days, public holidays and school holidays
- Cash handling experience
Taronga believes in a shared future for Wildlife and People and is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats.
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
Please ensure you attach a current version of your resume. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
- Describe a time you were responsible for selling to customers in a retail environment. What techniques did you use to successfully close the sale?
- Outline your previous experience in working collaboratively as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
All applications must be completed via http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 000078S4 or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant positions, please contact Jodie Kubski at email@example.com
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
Applications close: Midnight 17th November 2019