Applications Close: Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 23:59
- Iconic multi award winning Tourist Attraction located in Dubbo, NSW
- Ongoing, Full Time
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Salaried Employee Award
- Salary $825.99 per week plus appropriate penalties and great working conditions
- Located at Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo
Are you motivated, ambitious and have exception customer service experience?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Retail Supervisor who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences. Taronga offers an attractive salary and real life/work balance in a leading regional tourism establishment.
About this exciting opportunity…
The Retail Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining and coordinating the retail outlet to maximise sales, deliver a high level of customer service and ensure an efficient day to day operation.
- Supervise Retail Sales team to deliver high quality customer service experiences in order to provide excellent guest experience and promote repeat visitation.
- Supervise the retail outlet to maximise sales and deliver an efficient day to day operation.
- Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
- Comply with and report any Work, Health and Safety incidents in line with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter.
- Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
- Work effectively as a member of a high performing team, to assist Taronga in its achievement of strategic outcomes.
We are looking for candidates that:
- Have extensive sales experience
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to drive impeccable service standards
- Have very strong attention to detail and self-motivation with an intrinsic desire to strive for excellence
- Have a proven ability to lead and motivate a diverse team
- An understanding of inventory, stock control and cost of goods
- Excellent written and verbal skills with familiarity and prior use of Microsoft Office
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
What we can offer you…
- Healthy work life balance
- Complimentary family and friend’s passes
- Discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
We value your safety, and the privacy of your information. Please only apply for this position via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/This is the only legitimate website to apply via, and the only website whereby applications will be accepted.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter of one page. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
- Outline your experience in leading a diverse team.
- Outline your experience in managing customer satisfaction and what strategies you use to increase sales.
Applications must be completed via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 00007D1T or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Jodie Kubski, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or email@example.com
Applications close Midnight Sunday 17th November 2019