Applications Close: Sunday, September 29, 2019 - 23:59
Senior WHS Advisor
Senior WHS Advisor
- Awarded Australia’s Major Tourism Attraction
- Full time 12-month temporary contract
- TCSA Salaried Employees Award Clerk Grade 6 $101,575 package, includes base salary ($91,641) plus superannuation and leave loading.
- Located at Taronga Zoo, Mosman
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Senior WHS Advisor who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role…
An exciting WHS contract has become available as the Senior WHS Advisor located at Taronga Zoo in Mosman! This position in particular is pivotal to the safety operations at Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo and is responsible for working with operational staff across both zoos to provide a safe working environment and ensure compliance with the WHS legislation and the Taronga work health and safety system.
- Support the management team to develop and maintain WHS processes
- Facilitate workshops and build capability to ensure WHS risk are identified, assessed, controlled and safe work instructions are developed.
- Develop and deliver WHS information and instruction that is consistent with local and government requirements
- Provide ongoing technical advice and guidance that is consistent with legislation and the safety management system
- Provide input and build capability where required to ensure that incidents are investigated to root cause.
- Develop project management frameworks to deliver specific WHS projects
- Travel periodically to Dubbo to provide WHS advice and ensure effectiveness of the management system.
We are looking for candidates that are:
- Passionate, enthusiastic and motivated to work in fast paced dynamic environment where no two days are the same. You are positive in nature and hold health and safety as a core value. You are flexible and adaptable and have the experience to work independently and as part of team to deliver and foster a culture of commitment to health and safety.
- Tertiary qualifications with sound knowledge and at least 5 years’ experience within a safety environment. Government WHS procurement experience desirable.
- Obtain and maintain Senior First Aid and current valid NSW Drivers License
- Obtain and maintain a current paid NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.
We value your safety, and the privacy of your information. Please only apply for this position via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/This is the only legitimate website to apply via, and the only website whereby applications will be accepted.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter of one page. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
- Outline your experience in developing successful processes, tools and policy on effective internal WHS in procurement or similar.
- Why did you apply for this position and why should we consider you for the role?
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Midnight 29 September 2019