Applications Close: Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 23:59
Taronga Training Institute Support Officer
- Temporary 12 month contract, part time (2 days per week)
- TCSA Salaried Employees Award - General Scale 10. $68,055.77 package (for part time prorata for the hours worked), includes base salary ($61,399) plus superannuation and leave loading,
- Adelaide Zoo, South Australia
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Taronga Training Institute Support Officer who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role…
The successful individual will provide quality course administration and student management whilst supporting the strategic objectives of Taronga and the Taronga Training Institute (TTI). Assist with the expansion and coordination of TTI courses at Zoos South Australia properties, and contribute to the continuous improvement and quality processes to ensure the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) adheres to vocational education standards.
- Assist with the coordination of TTI courses at Adelaide Zoo including enrolments, student management and administration whilst ensuring relevant RTO standards are met.
- Assist with the development and coordination of the TTI delivery timetable including training schedules and student practical placements.
- Provide support to students, trainers and assessors and ensure that services are delivered in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Undertake the full range of administrative support services, including records management, routine correspondence, meeting and event support, and creating, compiling and distributing documents to assist with the efficient operation of TTI.
- Complete routine financial transactions and purchasing in a timely manner and to required standard to meet operational requirements.
- Respond to enquiries and escalate as necessary to ensure queries are responded to in a timely manner in line with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter.
- Provide support to the TTI team and undertake special projects as required.
- Communicate Taronga’s education and conservation messages both internally and externally, ensuring all communications align with Taronga’s values to inspire change in accordance with Taronga’s vision and strategic plan.
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Demonstrated experience in administrative support.
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Hold a current Australian Drivers License or ability to have existing license formally recognised.
- Obtain and maintain a current paid NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.
This role is part time, 2 days per week, however the successful candidate will need to be available to work full time Monday to Friday for the following dates:
Applications close: 20 October 2019 however, applications will be reviewed and considered on a daily basis so please apply now.