Trainer & Assessor- Animal Care and Management
- Awarded Australia’s Major Tourism Attraction (Sydney) and Awarded the Inland NSW Tourism Award for Best Tourist Attraction (Dubbo)
- Clerk Grade 4, Casual
- Multiple locations - Taronga Zoo, Mosman, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo, Perth Zoo, Perth, OR Zoo’s Victoria, Melbourne
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Trainer & Assessor who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role…
Provide quality training and assessment to Taronga Training Institute (TTI) students, to support their learning, and contribute to continuous improvement, validation, moderation and quality processes to ensure the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) adheres to vocational education standards.
· Undertake accredited training and assessment activities including delivery and facilitation.
· Ensure all training and assessment and other course related activities are undertaken in accordance with the predetermined course program, RTO policies and procedures, VET Quality Framework standards, and the National Training Package.
· Design and develop course materials and resources including training and assessment strategies, curriculum and assessment tools.
· Provide support to students and ensure that services are delivered in accordance with compliance requirements.
· Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
· Communicate Taronga’s education and conservation messages both internally and externally, ensuring all communications align with Taronga’s values to inspire change in accordance with Taronga’s vision and strategic pillars.
· Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
We are looking for candidates that have:
· TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent qualification).
· Hold an ACM30317 Certificate III in Captive Animals and/or ACM20117 Certificate II in Animal Studies (or equivalent qualification or experience).
· Current and relevant industry experience within the animal care and management
· Strong demonstrated experience in zoo keeping and animal management (recent or current).
· Hold and maintain a current Senior First Aid (or willingness to obtain)
· Obtain and maintain a current paid NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.
· Live in either Sydney, Dubbo, Perth and Melbourne with the ability to travel to one or more other locations listed above.
We value your safety, and the privacy of your information. Please only apply for this position via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. This is the only legitimate website to apply via, and the only website whereby applications will be accepted.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter of one page. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
1. Provide an example of a training program you have delivered. How did you identify and support student needs?
2. Describe a time when you worked with multiple stakeholders to deliver a project. How did you plan and organise your time? How did you communicate to those involved?
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Midnight, Sunday 30 June 2019