1. A Zoo Friends membership commences on the date of purchase and is only valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
2. Zoo Friends memberships cannot be paid on a pro-rata basis for part-of a year.
3. Any changes to memberships must be made within 30 days of purchase. Membership cancellations are at the discretion of the Zoo Friends Manager and all visits to Taronga and Taronga Western Plains Zoos will be deducted from any refund.
4. Zoo Friends membership, including transferable guest passes, are not available for corporate or commercial use, nor for clubs or groups and cannot be on sold separately in any circumstances (this includes the charging of any fee for the use of these passes). Any Zoo Friend members found to be in breach of these terms and conditions will have their membership cancelled..
5. Any past, current or future Zoo Friends discounts, offers or promotions cannot to be used in conjunction with any other Zoo Friends discounts, offers or promotions.
6. A valid Zoo Friends Membership grants the listed members unlimited entry during normal opening hours to Taronga Zoo, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide zoos with the exception of the Transferable Guest Pass which grants unlimited entry during normal opening hours to Taronga Zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo only.
7. Your Zoo Friends membership enables you to visit other zoos in Australia, including Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. You can visit the interstate zoos as often as you wish but prior to doing so please contact the Zoo Friends office at Taronga so that we can provide you with a letter to confirm your membership is current. Unfortunately without this letter of confirmation you will not be permitted entry at the interstate zoos. You can request this information by contacting the Zoo Friends office on 02 9969 2777.
8. A Zoo Friends named membership card is non-transferable. All memberships, excluding Guest Passes, must include current member details, including first and last name and a photograph of the member. Only the named person listed on Zoo Friends membership card may use it.
9. The transferable guest pass may only be used by one person per visit per day to either Taronga or Taronga Western Plains zoos and is not valid at the interstate zoos.
10. No more than two transferable guest passes can be purchased per Zoo Friends membership.
11. To gain entry to Taronga and Taronga Western Plains zoos the member must present a valid and signed Zoo Friends membership card to the admission staff.
12. Renewal of Zoo Friends membership which have exceeded its expiry date by a period of more than two months are subject to a joining fee in addition to the membership subscription.
13. Zoo Friends with a current active membership are able to renew no more than three months in advance of the expiry of their membership.
14. A Zoo Friends child membership covers a single child aged 4-15yrs inclusive.
15. Additional members may be added to a Zoo Friends membership, they are subject to the full applicable membership fee and will expire on the same date as the main member.
16. The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their Zoo Friends membership are correct at all times.
17. Visitors to Taronga Zoo or Taronga Western Plains Zoo choosing to discount their membership fees by the cost of the day’s admission are bound by the following terms:
- A valid entry receipt must be presented at the time of purchase.
- Only one admission amount can be discounted from each membership purchased, and at the price paid for the admission ticket.
- Admissions must be of an equivalent or comparatively lesser value to than the membership they are to be discounted from. For example, the maximum discount available for a child membership is a child admission fee.
18. Eligible members may change their membership to a Taronga Teacher’s Association (TTA) Membership or any other type of membership offered by Taronga but in doing so they agree they are not entitled to any refund and forfeit any benefits which are not offered by a TTA membership.
19. A Zoo Friends membership is solely for the recreational enjoyment at the Zoos and cannot be used for entry for any commercial activity including product placement or news media reporting.
20. Taronga Conservation Society reserves the right to change and determine member benefits, including discounts to Taronga retail shops and Taronga Zoo car park during a Zoo Friends membership.
22. The Zoo Friends team reserves the right to cancel a paid Zoo Friends membership without a refund upon breach of the Terms and Conditions above.
23. If a membership card is lost there will be a $10 charge per card to a maximum of $20 for issuing a duplicate
24. To receive your exclusive parking discount at Taronga Zoo you will be required to validate your parking ticket either at the top Zoo Shop located in the main entry plaza or at the Zoo Friends office. Once your ticket has been validated you can pay at one the automated pay machines in the car park or at the car part station. (Please note that you must validate your ticket before the Zoo closes, if your ticket has not been validated by that time you will be required to pay the full rate.
25. Membership privileges, terms and conditions may be amended or revoked at Zoo Friends discretion.