1. A Zoo Friends membership commences on the date of purchase and is only valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
2. Zoo Friends memberships cannot be paid on a pro-rata basis for part-of a year.
3.Any changes to memberships must be made within 30 days of purchase. Membership cancellations are at the discretion of the Zoo Friends Manager and all visits to Taronga and Taronga Western Plains Zoos will be deducted from any refund.
4. Zoo Friends membership, including Transferable Guest Passes, are not available for corporate or commercial use, nor for clubs or groups and cannot be on sold separately in any circumstances (this includes the charging of any fee for the use of these passes). Any Zoo Friend members found to be in breach of these terms and conditions will have their membership cancelled.
5. Any past, current or future Zoo Friends discounts, offers or promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other Zoo Friends discounts, offers or promotions. This includes upgrading a day ticket against a discounted online membership.
6. i. A Zoo Friend child member must reside in NSW or ACT to be eligible for FREE membership. ii. A Zoo Friends child member must be attached to an active Zoo Friends adult membership. iii. No more than two FREE child members per active adult or concession Zoo Friends membership. iv. A child member is any member aged 4 -15 years. v. Child (free or paid) memberships cannot be attached to a Transferable Guest Pass. vi. If more than 2 children are to be added to a primary adult member or concession, the additional child member(s) must buy a child annual pass.
7. A valid Zoo Friends membership (including a valid Transferable Guest Pass) grants the listed members unlimited entry during normal opening hours to Taronga Zoo & Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
8. i. A valid adult or concession Zoo Friends membership enables you to visit Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Perth Zoo, and Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo. ii. A valid child (free or paid) Zoo Friends member may be charged an entry fee at Perth Zoo, and Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo. iii. A valid child (free or paid) Zoo Friends membership enables you to visit Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Zoo & Healesville Sanctuary.
(Please note Zoos Vic, Zoos SA and Perth Zoo are separate entities and reserve the right to change terms and conditions)
9. A Zoo Friends named membership card is non-transferable. All memberships, excluding Transferable Guest Passes, must include current member details, including first and last name, date of birth and a photograph of the member. Only the named person listed on Zoo Friends membership card may use it.
10. i. No more than two Transferable Guest Passes can be purchased per Zoo Friends membership.
ii. Transferable Guest Passes may only be used by one person per visit per day to either Taronga or Taronga Western Plains zoos and are not valid at interstate zoos.
11. To gain entry to Taronga and Taronga Western Plains zoos the member must present a valid and signed Zoo Friends membership card to Admissions staff.
12. Renewal of a Zoo Friends membership which has exceeded its expiry date by a period of more than 6 months are subject to a joining fee in addition to the membership subscription.
13. Zoo Friends with a current active membership are able to renew no more than 60 days in advance of the expiry of their membership.
14. i. A free Zoo Friends child annual pass covers a single child aged 4-15yrs inclusive. ii. A paid Zoo Friends child annual pass covers a single child aged 4 – 15 years inclusive.
15. Additional members may be added to a Zoo Friends membership, and are subject to the full applicable membership fee and will expire on the same date as the primary member.
16. The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their Zoo Friends membership are correct at all times.
17. Visitors to Taronga Zoo or Taronga Western Plains Zoo choosing to upgrade to a membership from a day ticket are bound by the following terms: i. A valid Taronga entry receipt or Taronga day ticket must be presented at the time of purchase. ii. Only one admission amount can be discounted from each membership purchased, and at the price paid for the admission ticket. iii. Admissions must be of an equivalent or comparatively lesser value than the membership they are to be discounted from. For example, the maximum discount available for an adult membership is an adult admission fee. vi. If the total of admission ticket value exceeds the total membership value, Taronga will not refund the difference. iv. Upgrades must be made within 30 days of date of ticket redemption. iv. Upgrades must be made within 30 days of date of ticket redemption. vii. Day tickets cannot be upgraded online and/or upgraded against the discounted online membership prices.
18.i. Concession rate is available for members who meet certain criteria, to see a list of what is accepted click here. ii. To be eligible for Taronga Teacher’s Association (TTA) Membership members need to provide evidence of their profession, such as payslips or other documentation.
19. A Zoo Friends membership is solely for the recreational enjoyment at the Zoos and cannot be used for entry for any commercial activity including product placement or news media reporting.
20. Taronga Conservation Society reserves the right to change and determine member benefits, including discounts to Taronga retail shops and Taronga Zoo car park during a Zoo Friends membership including by giving you notice by email and by posting a notification on the Taronga Zoo website.
22. The Zoo Friends team reserves the right to cancel a paid Zoo Friends membership without a refund upon breach of the Terms and Conditions above.
23. If a membership card is lost there will be a $10 charge per card to a maximum of $20 for issuing a duplicate.
24. To receive your exclusive parking discount at Taronga Zoo you will be required to validate your parking ticket either at the top Zoo Shop located in the main entry plaza or at the Zoo Friends office. Once your ticket has been validated you can pay at one of the automated pay machines in the car park or at the car park station. (Please note that you must validate your ticket before the Zoo closes, if your ticket has not been validated by that time you will be required to pay the full rate.)
25. Membership privileges, terms and conditions may be amended or revoked at Zoo Friends' discretion by giving notice by email and by posting a notification on the Zoo Friends’ website.
Fiftyfive5: Game of Skill Survey
- Information on how to enter this customer survey competition (“Promotion”) and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
- The Promoter is Fiftyfive5, 44 Bay Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007 (“Promoter”).
- The Promotion period is 12am AEDT Tuesday 3rd July to 12am AEDT Tuesday 17th July (“Promotion Period”).
- Entry is open to Taronga Zoo Friends customers, aged 16 years and over who receive a survey from the Promoter, are eligible, and complete the survey, and answer the competition question, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prize), and their immediate families (“Eligible Entrants”).
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- If there is any dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the Promoter reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- In order to enter the competition participants need to:
- Be eligible for the survey, complete, and submit the survey
- Answer the competition question “Please answer the following question in 25 words or less. What are the best things about Taronga Zoo?”
- Total prize pool is valued at AUD$670 and consists of:
- 2 Adults mid-week accommodation at Roar and Snore, Taronga Zoo Sydney
- Voucher is valid for 12 months
- Voucher is valid for mid-week dates only (no special nights, no weekends, no school holidays) and there is strictly a minimum of two persons per booking
- Voucher will be emailed to the prize winner
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value.
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Each entry will be individually judged based on:
- Individual feedback/suggestions contained in the written response as to“Please answer the following question in 25 words or less. What are the best things about Taronga Zoo?”
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the Promoter. The allocation of the prizes and the criteria for assessing the entries will be based on the response being relevant, useful, articulated, and of a high quality. The final decision is at the complete discretion of the Promoter and the judges. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified on the Tuesday 24th July by email and/or phone (if available)
- The prize winners must claim their prize by 12am Tuesday 31st July (“Prize Claim Date”).
- If a prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date or the entry is deemed invalid, the next best entry, as determined by the judge(s) shall be awarded the prize and notified on the Tuesday 31st July as per notification method in clause 12.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of the prize. Please allow up to three weeks for delivery of the prize.
- To be eligible to win a prize in this Promotion, an Entry must not:
- infringe the intellectual property or other rights of a third party;
- be incomplete or illegible;
- be unlawful, defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive or otherwise contain content which, in the Promoter’s opinion, is inappropriate or objectionable
- If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware that a winner has not complied with any of the Promotion’s terms and conditions, that winner will have no entitlement to the prize, and will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
- Entrants agree that ownership of any intellectual property rights in their entry, is assigned to the Promoter without the payment of any further fee or compensation. Entrants agree to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded their prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- The Promoter reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. If any changes are made the Promoter will notify pa