When planning your visit, please note it takes approximately 3 hours to explore the entire zoo.
- Taronga Zoo Sydney is 12 minutes from Circular Quay by ferry. Sydney Ferries services depart Circular Quay every 30 minutes
- Captain Cook Cruises operate the Zoo Express and all day hop on, hop off services departing daily from Darling Harbour and Circular Quay
- NRMA’s Fantasea Cruising operate a Zoo Direct and all-day hop-on and hop-off Harbour Hopper from Darling Harbour (Aquarium Wharf) and Circular Quay Wharf 6
- Guests to Taronga Zoo Sydney can enter the Zoo through the iconic heritage gates at the Main Entrance at the top of the zoo, or the Lower Zoo Entrance which is a 3-minute walk from the Taronga Zoo ferry wharf. Buses also connect the ferry wharf and Lower Zoo Entrance with the top entrance.
Please note: Transport NSW upgrades are now complete. Ferries will run as normal.
- The 100 Bus (Mosman to City) operates between Mosman (Taronga Zoo Sydney) and the Queen Victoria Building in the city from early morning until around midnight, seven days a week. Buses will run every 10 minutes across the day and at least every 20 minutes in the early morning and late at night.
- The 238 bus route travels between Balmoral Beach, the Taronga Zoo Sydney main entrance and the Taronga ferry wharf on the water's edge for passengers arriving or leaving by ferry
- Bus and coach parking may be arranged by calling (02) 9969 2777
School Holiday Shuttle Bus
A free Taronga Shuttle will operate during school holidays between the Taronga Ferry Wharf and the Main Top Zoo Entrance, along Bradleys Head Road.
Dates: Saturday 23 December 2023 to Sunday 28 January 2024 including public holidays
Times: The free Shuttle service will operate from 9.15am till 4:00pm daily, in line with arriving and departing ferries & scheduled charters.
Cost: Free with Zoo ticket, Free for Wildlife Retreat at Taronga guests, Free for Function Centre guests
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible via electric ramp (up to 4 wheelchairs). Prams are encouraged to be folded where possible.
- Passengers can change at Circular Quay train station and join the ferry to Taronga Zoo Sydney
Parking is available at Taronga Zoo Sydney, entry from Bradleys Head Road. The all-day parking rate is $22. For guests entering prior to 4.00pm, the parking is a flat rate of $22 for the whole day, or free if entering and exiting within 90 minutes.
Please note: there is no 90-minute grace period after 4.00pm.
Please note the height of our carpark is maximum 2.1m
Bus & coach parking
Taronga Sydney is undertaking major capital works across the site to enhance the guest experience and conservation & education programs.
This has resulted to the number of Bus Bays near the Security Portal (via Whiting Beach Road) reduced down to three (3) on a ‘first in’ basis.
Bus & Coach drivers are encouraged to safely set down & pick up passengers at the dedicated Bus Zone outside the Zoo’s main entry.
An additional three (3) Bus Bays remain available off-site along Bradleys Head Road.
Taronga understands that guests have varying needs and may require special assistance during their visit. Please find more information about accessibility at Taronga Zoo Sydney here.
Luggage and bags
As Taronga no longer provides a rental locker service, please leave all luggage in your vehicle or at your hotel. Alternatively, should you be travelling to Taronga by ferry, a 24/7 rental locker service is available at Circular Quay through ‘Bounce’, or should you be travelling to Taronga from the CBD or train, there is a 24/7 rental locker service available at Central station through ‘Bounce’.
Taronga is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items.