Following advice from NSW Health, please click here to read more about how we're keeping you safe and how you can help us.
Please bring a face mask with you (this includes parents or guardians dropping off children). Mask-wearing is now mandatory for anyone 12 years and over in any of our indoor spaces.
About the program
Junior Keepers is a specially designed hands-on day for children aged 8 - 11 years old who are keen to work with animals or in the conservation field when they grow up.
Guided by our team of experienced and dedicated staff, small groups of up to 15 participants will learn the daily routines and responsibilities of a Taronga Keeper. Through a range of interactive activities and special behind the scenes visits, Junior Keeper participants will have up close encounters with some of Taronga’s Australian Native animals and learn how to care for and protect them into the future.
What to bring
We will provide participants with their own t-shirt but they will need to bring a packed lunch and refillable water bottle for the day.
You will also need to ensure that your Junior Keeper has clothes that you won't mind them getting dirty, closed toe shoes and weather appropriate items e.g. hat, sunglasses, rain jacket etc.
Junior Keepers runs from 9.30am to 3.00pm on the below available dates:
Please note that availability is manually updated Monday - Fridays.
|Tuesday 12 January 2021||Fully booked!|
|Thursday 14 January 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 16 January 2021||Fully booked!|
|Thursday 21 January 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 23 January 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 6 February 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 20 February 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 27 February 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 13 March 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 20 March 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 27 March 2021||Fully booked!|
|Thursday 8 April 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 10 April 2021||Fully booked!|
|Thursday 15 April 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 17 April 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 24 April 2021||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 8 May 2021||1 spot remaining!|
|Saturday 15 May 2021||Available|
|Saturday 22 May 2021||Available|
|Saturday 5 June 2021||Available|
|Saturday 19 June 2021||Available|
|Saturday 26 June 2021||Available|
Please ensure you read and understand the conditions prior to booking. For more information please email email@example.com.
The Junior Keepers Program:
- Requires a moderate level of fitness and good mobility
- Is for children aged between eight to 11 years of age
- Is an all-weather experience and will ordinarily proceed in the event of inclement weather
- May include entering an environment housing animals which involves a degree of unpredictability and therefore risk of injury occurring
- Is at my own risk and without any liability attached to the Taronga Conservation Society Australia, including any injury to the child/children or damage to their property
- Requires the child/children to take direction from Keeper for a Day Hosts regarding photographs and video taken on any device, and understand that some photos may be restricted from social media platforms
- Requires the child/children to take direction from Keeper for a Day Hosts to comply with Taronga’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Must not be attended by a child/children if they feel unwell or have flu like symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath) and acknowledge that they will be excluded from the program and Taronga Zoo if they attend when unwell or with flu like symptoms
- Bookings are non-refundable but can be rescheduled or transferred in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Taronga
- Program activities and schedules are subject to change without notice
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel the Junior Keepers Program at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or in the event of severe weather. In the unlikely event that this situation occurs, Taronga will contact me as soon as practicable to notify me and reschedule my booking
- Taronga cannot guarantee a nut-free environment (please contact us for further information)