It's Paw-ty Time!
Taronga is excited to announce the return of the popular $1 on your birthday ticket at both Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
We're inviting everyone to spend their birthday with us, for only $1!
Make your next birthday an unforgettable one packed with paw-some experiences, including animal presentations, keeper talks and special animal encounters.
Don't forget to redeem this special $1 birthday ticket, you MUST visit on your ACTUAL birthday.
Your birthday visit has the power to protect.
Taronga is not-for-profit. Every dollar you spend saves wildlife
On your birthday, simply bring your $1 on your birthday ticket and a form of ID to the Zoo.
$1 Birthday tickets can be either be printed or shown on your mobile device, as long as it's clearly legible.
Accepted forms of ID
- Birth certificate
- Driver's Licence
- State issued proof of age card
Don't forget that children under the age of four years old always receive free entry into Taronga.
Terms & Conditions
- Instructions on how to purchase and redeem the $1 on your Birthday Ticket Offer ($1 Birthday Ticket) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Ticket Holder agrees that by the purchase of a $1 Birthday Ticket, the Ticket Holder has read all of these conditions and agrees unconditionally to be bound by these conditions.
- The Promoter is Taronga Conservation Society Australia (ABN 41 733 619 876) of Bradleys Head Road, Mosman NSW 2088.
- Employees of the Promoter are ineligible to redeem this offer.
- A $1 Birthday Ticket can be purchased online up to 90 days in advance of your visit date/birthday date.
- To purchase, individuals must visit taronga.org.au/birthday and follow the prompts to buy a $1 Birthday Ticket online, for visiting either Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
- A $1 Birthday Ticket is only available to purchase online.
- When the purchase is successful, ticket holders will receive an email with the $1 Birthday Ticket and any additionally purchased tickets attached as a .PDF file. To gain entry to the Zoo, Ticket Holders must present the bar-coded tickets from the attached .PDF. Entry will not be permitted without presentation of these bar-coded tickets. The confirmation email receipt will not be accepted to gain entry.
- $1 Birthday Tickets are valid for use on the date of the ticket holder’s birthday only, as indicated via the ‘Visit Date’ when purchasing.
- To redeem, Ticket Holders must visit Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo on the day of their birthday (as stated on the ticket visit date and on their suitable ID), and present their $1 Birthday Ticket on arrival, along with a current and valid form of identification which clearly states the Ticket Holder’s birth. Guests who are born on 29 February can visit on any other day in February and guests born on 25 December can choose to visit on a different day in December.
- Accepted forms of identification are: birth certificates, states issued proof of age cards, driver’s licenses; and/or passports. Identification can be presented as either original or certified copies or scans, or photos of original/certified documents. Acceptance of additional forms of identification will be at the Promoter’s discretion.
- $1 Birthday Tickets are not valid in conjunction with upgrades to Taronga Zoo Friends Annual Pass Memberships.
- Taronga reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a $1 Birthday Ticket purchase (including the ticket holder’s identity, age, birth date) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse entry to any Ticket Holder who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the purchase or redemption process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Offer. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserved the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the promotion.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the $1 Birthday Ticket are not included.
- $1 Birthday Tickets are non-refundable, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. All additional full-priced individual tickets purchased along with the $1 Birthday Ticket are purchased in accordance with Taronga’s online ticket purchase Terms and Conditions.
- Additional full-priced tickets purchased along with the $1 Birthday Ticket are non-refundable.
- If this Offer is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserved the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Ticket Holder; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Offer, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Taronga website to purchase $1 Birthday Tickets is the Ticket Holder’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the states and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any purchase that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Prompter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in purchase value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Ticket Holder; or (f) use of the $1 Birthday ticket at Taronga’s Zoos.
- During the purchase process the Promoter collects personal information. The Promoter will use and handle personal information as set out in its Privacy Statement, which can be viewed at https://taronga.org.au/about/privacyThe Privacy Statement also contains information about how Ticket Holders may opt out, access, update or correct their personal information, raise a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principals or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. The Promoter will not disclose the Ticket Holder’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia.
Do I have to visit on the day of my birthday?
Yes, $1 on your Birthday tickets are only available for redemption if you visit Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo on the day of your actual birthday.
If you visit the Zoo on an alternative day, your ticket will not be valid and you will be required to purchase a full price ticket at the ticket desk.
For Taronga Western Plains Zoo guests, the admissions ticket spans across 2 consecutive days. You are able to attend both days, as long as one the visit dates matches your birth date.
Do I have to purchase my birthday ticket online?
Yes you do, $1 on your birthday tickets are ONLY available for purchase online at taronga.org.au/birthday.
Can I bring family and friends with me?
Family and friends can purchase tickets ahead of time via our website to save 10% off full price tickets, or purchase additional tickets at the gate. Friends and family will NOT receive $1 tickets (unless it's their birthday, too!)
Can my under 4-year-old celebrate their birthday at Taronga?
Yes, children under 4 years of age receive free zoo admission to both Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo. They do not need to purchase a ticket to enjoy their special day at the zoo however if you would still like to buy a $1 on your birthday ticket for them, the money you spend will be supporting Taronga’s vital conservation work.
What forms of ID are accepted for the birthday guest?
Taronga accepts digital or printed copies of your birth certificate, driver's Licence, State issued proof of age card or Passport.
Please note that we will be checking ID for all $1 birthday ticket guests. The birthday date on your ID must match the visit date on your birthday ticket.
Is my birthday ticket refundable?
No, $1 on your birthday tickets is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another visit date.
How far in advance can I purchase my birthday ticket?
At this stage, $1 on your birthday tickets are available for purchase 90 days in advance.
When your birthday is coming up, we encourage you to book your birthday ticket. This is an ongoing offer for Taronga Guests, so all birthdays will get an opportunity to celebrate with us throughout the year.
Can I purchase a $1 birthday ticket for a family member or friend?
If it's your friend or family member's birthday and you'd like to treat them to a $1 ticket, you can simply enter your details as the purchaser and a $1 birthday ticket will be delivered to you via email. Don't forget to bring the birthday ticket on the day of your visit for the birthday guest to redeem. Note: The $1 ticket is only valid for the person who has their birthday on the day of attendance, not the whole group.
Just remember to select the correct ticket type, either a Child ticker (4-15 years) or Adult ticket (16 years+).
Can I purchase multiple birthday tickets for different people?
Yes you can, as long as it is their birthday on the day of attendance. You can purchase a birthday ticket for any of your friends or family so they can visit for only $1 on their birthday. Note: if you are purchasing multiple birthday tickets, you will need to complete one order form per individual (remember, $1 tickets are only valid for people who have a birthday on the day of attendance - this does not include guests and family members! However, family members can receive 10% off tickets if purchased online in advance).