This unique overnight experience offers school students to opportunity to learn about animals, the environment and what we can all do to help make a difference for wildlife.
Your ZooSnooz experience will include:
- Close encounter with some iconic Australian animals
- Early morning walking tour
- Zoo entry the following day
At the Zoo
ZooSnooz offers two accommodation locations depending on the number of students attending, allocated by the Taronga team at the time of booking.
- Backyard to Bush House indoor accommodation for up to 30 students
- Semi-permanent tent accommodation for up to 60 students
- Or a combination of both up to 90 students
Need to know
- Arrival time: The arrival time for ZooSnooz is 5:15pm. Check in point is at the Main Entrance to Taronga Zoo Sydney on Bradleys Head Road, Mosman.
- What to bring: Make sure you pack your own sleeping bag, pillow, torch, warm clothes, enclosed shoes, camera, wet weather gear, plus a sense of fun and adventure.
- How to book: To make a booking enquiry, complete the booking form available to download on this page and email it back the Education team. We’ll be in touch to confirm if your date is available and to send a booking confirmation.
- A non-refundable deposit of $1000 is required to secure your booking, pad within two weeks of invoicing. The remaining balance will be required two weeks before your visit
- All cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month of arrival. Any cancellation of ZooSnooz within one month of arrival date will incur a fee of $500 in addition to the deposit
- Full costs will be charged for cancellation within 48 hours of arrival date
- Package selection cannot be changed after confirmation. Please contact us immediately if your expected numbers change
Availability and costs
Check available dates
ZooSnooz is available to book during school terms, Monday through Thursday from 5:15pm to 10:00am and includes Zoo entry the following day.
Please see 2019 availability for up to 30 students below:
|October||14, 15, 16, 22, 23|
|December||2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 17|
Please see 2019 availability for 30-60 students below:
To be placed on our waiting list please email email@example.com with your school name and student numbers. We will email wait-listed schools throughout the year if any dates become available.
|10 to 20 students||$1,990.00|
|21 to 30 students||$2,510.00|
|31 to 45 students||$3,740.00|
|46 to 60 students||$5,070.00|
|61 to 75 students||$6,300.00|
|76 to 90 students||$7,680.00|
|Supervising adults - 1 per 10 students||FREE|
|Supervising adults - additional*||$90.00 per adult|
|Cancellation fee - within 30 days of visit**||$500.00 + deposit|
|Cancellation fee - within 48 hours of visit**||100% of total cost|
*Extra adult numbers must be negotiated at the time of booking.
**All cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.