The TTA runs exclusive workshops, behind the scenes tours and animal encounters as free-to-attend events throughout the year for its members, all with a view to inspire and empower teachers.
Teachers can enjoy unlimited Zoo entry at Taronga Zoo Sydney, Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo with their annual TTA membership, as well as the following benefits:
- Free admission for 12 months to Adelaide, Melbourne, and Perth Zoos
- 15% discount in all Taronga Zoo Shops
- 10% discount off accommodation properties at Taronga in Sydney (Wildlife Retreat at Taronga and Roar and Snore - on select days) and Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo (Savannah Cabins, Zoofari Lodge and Billabong Camp)
- Regular updates from the Taronga Education e-newsletter, including new syllabus, relevant workshops and professional learning opportunities
- Member-exclusive events
- Discounted memberships for family members
- Exclusive pre-sale opportunities and ticket discounts for our best events including Taronga’s New Year’s Eve party and the Twilight at Taronga concert series
- Regular education updates
How you can help us
As part of the TTA, you form an expert collective that will provide us with valuable insights relative to our programs and workshops. The Education Team at Taronga proudly provides workshops and programs to schools that are strongly linked to syllabus outcomes, supported by current conservation rssearch and enhanced by animal encounters.
Upon joining as a TTA member, you can play a critical role in connecting your classroom curriculum with the Zoo. In exchange for your engagement with the programs and your in depth feedback, you will get the opportunity to receive a FREE excursion for your class!
Keep an eye out for regular emails sent each Term for details.
How to join or renew
Looking to become a member of the Taronga Teachers' Association or, do you have an existing membership that is expiring soon and you need to renew?
After submitting the online form:
- Your TTA card will be available for collection upon your next visit to the Zoo
- Pick-up at Taronga Zoo Sydney is at the Zoo Friends office located just outside the Main Entrance
- Pick-up at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo is at the main entrance information desk
- Ensure you have your NESA teaching Card or a recent pay slip to bring with you
This is used as your proof of teaching and is a compulsory requirement.
- Your photo will be taken to identify you for future visits
- Be sure to bring your card with you whenever you come and visit the Zoo (incl. Taronga Zoo Sydney, Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo and Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth Zoos)
If you are experiencing any difficulties using the online form, you can join or renew in person at the Zoo Friends office at Taronga Zoo Sydney and the information desk at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo by showing your proof of teaching (NESA ID Card or recent payslip) and by filling in your membership details.
In 2021, TTA will be hosting a 1-hour NESA accredited PL (via video-conference), exclusively for TTA members. Members will be able to hear from Zoo Scientists, Keepers and both national and international experts in environmental conservation.
|Term 1||Wednesday 24 March 2021, 4pm to 5pm||Taronga Zoo Sydney||This event has now passed.|
|Term 2||Wednesday 7 July 2021, 10am to 11am||Taronga Zoo Sydney|
|Term 3||TBC||TBC||Registrations for this event are not yet open.|
|Term 4||TBC||TBC||Registrations for this event are not yet open.|
Registrations opening soon.