The TTA runs exclusive workshops, behind the scenes tours, guest lectures and animal encounters as free-to-attend events throughout the year for its members, all with a view to inspire and empower teachers.
Teachers can enjoy unlimited Zoo entry at Taronga Zoo Sydney, Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo with their annual TTA membership, as well as the following benefits:
- Free admission for 12 months to Adelaide, Melbourne, and Perth Zoos
- 15% discount in all Taronga Zoo Shops
- 10% discount at Roar and Snore at Taronga Zoo Sydney on select days
- Regular updates from the Taronga Education e-newsletter, including new syllabus, relevant workshops and professional learning opportunities
- Member exclusive events
- Discounted memberships for family members
- Exclusive pre-sale opportunities and ticket discounts for our best events including Taronga’s New Year’s Eve party and the Twilight at Taronga concert series
- Regular education updates
*Taronga Teachers' Association 20% off opening offer available for stays before Saturday 29 February 2020. Blackout dates apply during peak and event periods. Discount on room package only. No discount applies to incidentals. Offer valid for current Taronga Teachers' Association members and is not transferrable.
How to join or renew
Looking to become a member of the Taronga Teachers' Association or, do you have an existing membership that is expiring soon and you need to renew?
After submitting the online form:
- Your TTA card will be available for collection upon your next visit to the Zoo
- Pick-up at Taronga Zoo Sydney is at the Zoo Friends office located just outside the Main Entrance
- Pick-up at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo is at the main entrance information desk
- Ensure you have your NESA teaching Card or a recent pay slip to bring with you
This is used as your proof of teaching and is a compulsory requirement.
- Your photo will be taken to identify you for future visits
- Be sure to bring your card with you whenever you come and visit the Zoo (incl. Taronga Zoo Sydney, Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo and Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth Zoos)
If you are experiencing any difficulties using the online form, you can join or renew in person at the Zoo Friends office at Taronga Zoo Sydney and the information desk at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo by showing your proof of teaching (NESA ID Card or recent payslip) and by filling in your membership details.
In 2021, TTA will be hosting a 1-hour NESA accredited PL (via video-conference), exclusively for TTA members. Members will be able to hear from Zoo Scientists, Keepers and both national and international experts in environmental conservation.
|Term 1||Wednesday 3 March 2021||3.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Term 2||Saturday 26 June 2021||3.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Term 3||Wednesday 18 August 2021||3.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Term 4||Wednesday 10 November 2021||3.30pm to 4.30pm|
Registrations opening soon.
Curriculum Critical Friend
The TTA is seeking curriculum expertise and advice on the programs and workshops that Taronga offers. The Education Team proudly provides workshops and programs to schools that are strongly linked to syllabus outcomes, that is supported by current conservation research and enhanced by animal encounters.
As a TTA Critical Curriculum Friend you would play a critical role in connecting your classroom curriculum with the Zoo.
When completing the application form, you will select your preferred stage and subject that you believe you could offer meaningful and valuable feedback to.
After this, you will be periodically sent lesson plans to review and provide feedback. There is no set time period to return your feedback and we always like to reward our members who offers support to the Zoo.
If you are interested in becoming a TTA Critical Curriculum Friend, please complete the application form.